Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Piper

Thaidave

Dec 2, 2013
HI All.
I am looking for info on Steve Piper who played for the Albion in early 70's anyone know where he is now, any photo's appreciated or any info.
Thanks in advance

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He is on Facebook - type in He Shot He Scored it must be peter ward Facebook in a search engine and he replied to the recent post about Sunderland v Brighton in 1977

Thaidave

Dec 2, 2013
Ah ok, so do you remember who was a winger who went to same school as Piper, was quite quick, or any good resolution photo's of the team of 1973/74 under Cloughies reign.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's the project? Papajaff on NSC knows Mick Conway...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
HI All.
I am looking for info on Steve Piper who played for the Albion in early 70's anyone know where he is now, any photo's appreciated or any info.
Thanks in advance

Steve Piper is or cert was a mortgage advisor based in Worthing. A top bloke too I might add

Jerryatric

NSC Patreon
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Tony Towner played as a right winger; Peter O'Sullivan (Sully) was a left winger/midfielder. Steve Piper was a few years later and played as a left midfielder. All 3 were good, well liked, players.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Steve Piper is or cert was a mortgage advisor based in Worthing. A top bloke too I might add

I played with him a couple of times for St Theresas in the Worthing league many moons ago. My mate worked with him and managed to persuade him to turn out a couple of times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He still goes sometimes to games.I was chatting to him on the way back to Worthing a few games back and I had to tell his grandson that Gramps had not been telling porkies about playing for the Albion. Funny enough no one in the carriage apart from a couple knew who he was, just shows how old we all are now. He looks really good for his age I thought and had hardly changed. He still thought Mullers was the Dogs.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Steve was a decent player and had a slightly longer Albion career than my memory first suggested.

Its good to read that ex-players feel an affinity for The Albion - and better still live locally and quietly take their families to watch games at the Amex.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There was an interview/feature on him in the match-day programme by Spencer Vignes, probably sometime last season...?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Think he used to work for Hunter Hammond Daniel Associates as the office manager but isn't on their website any more so assume he has moved on. However, Tony Vessey is still there!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was a long time ago, but I think he was in the year or two above me at Longhill.
Or am I confusing him with someone else?

He could have been a Woodingdean boy: I remember that I used to go fencing in Longhill in the mid-70s and was shocked one evening when a track-suited jogger running towards me was Steve Piper. I was impressed that he spent time outside training keeping fit. He was a decent player too.

Tony Towner was a Bevendean boy: I was at primary school with him and he now lives a couple of streets away

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here