Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If we have money to spend in Jan where do we need to strengthen and why?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I dont think we need any new players, the calibre of players coming back from injury will be just like having new signings

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I feel we need a right back and another winger to replace the disappointing Conway when he returns to Cardiff.

Another winger to compete with KLL, Buckley and to push March further down the pecking order and a right back who would be behind Bruno and Calderon!!!! Marvellous insight!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Priority number 1 is a centre back, Greer too slow, Upson will be shot soon and El Bad needs guidance

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Striker. Still. Lita is temporary, Barnes is decent, and I'm not holing my breath for CMS to be great after an 8 month injury. Ulloa isn't enough for a team seriously trying for promotion.

Either that or a right back. Whether you're in the Bruno or Calde camp, we all know they both tend to struggle against the top wingers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we just need the players we have all back fit, save the money and then look again in the summer when we know which division we are going to be in next season.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Blimey cheery bunch as ever! Neither of our current right backs are good enough and incase you haven't noticed the wingers are injury prone! The chances if them making it through to May unscathed is unlikely.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No one, we just need to hold on to Bridcutt, Ulloa, and Orlandi.

Also sign up Lita ( or another striker) for the rest of the season at least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey cheery bunch as ever! Neither of our current right backs are good enough and incase you haven't noticed the wingers are injury prone! The chances if them making it through to May unscathed is unlikely.

We have quantity in those positions, perhaps not the quality but what we do have is good enough for now and have proved to be so.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Get all the injured players fit (and providing they can stay fit) we have a very decent squad. I don't think we really need to splash the cash - but would get Ince on a longer deal and maybe sign Ward?

I think now is the time to think about bringing in a young classy central defender who will eventually assume one of Greer / Upson's places. Although didn't we sign that young lad from Arsenal?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Priority number 1 is a centre back, Greer too slow, Upson will be shot soon and El Bad needs guidance

I'm inclined to agree with this. Soon we're going to need a CB with a bit more pace than the ones we've got. Not that they're doing a bad job right now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Never mind all this player rubbish.

How about some nice cladding?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd like to see an attacking midfield player, especially if we can find one that scores goals. Crofts has done well this season but a bit more creativity in the final third would be good, not sure we score enough goals currently...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I wouldn't mind another creative midfielder, as have seen what Orlandi can bring to the side. But if he were to pick up another knock, we're out of creative midfielders. I also would ship Conway back to Cardiff, and bring in another winger, I'd then introduce March to the 3FAC round, to see how he copes in a competitive match with our current squad. If we think he needs to be sent out on loan, get us another one. If not, start bringing him on for short spells.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Chris Eagles.

But we can wait until the summer, we have a quality squad. I would make 4/5 changes in the summer.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A young, pacey CB and in the summer get a young RB who can defend as well as bomb forward.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here