Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Daley takes 2:38 to tell us something we all already knew!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Now sweetpea, it's clearly a massively big deal for you, I get that, even though it's none of our business, thanks for the honesty.
But the rest of us knew already, and we're all fine with it.

The members of your family that were surprised are either lying or have never met you!! :lol:

I guess he's coming out ahead of a tabloid muck raking 'scandal'.
The story should be why they feel the need to publish such information.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I'm HEARTBROKEN, who am I going to flick my bean to now ?(apart from Dean Wilkins (GURGLE!!!)).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The only person this comes as a surprise to is him apparently.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Won't be long before the homophobic comments I guess.
Must have been very difficult doing that. Much respect to him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It always looked as though he might be "good with colours". Fair play for coming out, can't have been an easy thing to.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
No doubt some tabloid scum were going to run a 'story' on him. Guess what, it's 2013 and there are gays! What sad little existences tabloids and tabloid readers lead.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Huge respect to him for that.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't blame him for swerving more traditional media after the Sun's classy ''CELESTBIAN' headline.

Fair play to the lad,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just saw this on SSN, and thought 'There's bound to be a thread about it on the home of gay chat', and here it is.
The only person this comes as a surprise to is him apparently.
It's a bit cruel how homosexuality presents itself to the world in your voice and mannerisms, long before you become aware of it.

He's only 19 so I'm glad he's felt able to come out though at what is still a young age. Nice one Tom.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The cynic in me wonders if this has anything to do with his upcoming TV show.

Frankly, I don't care what he is.

Nothing suggests it is. Fair play to the lad, that clearly was not easy for him.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Those comments are despicable, the posters should be ashamed. It's never easy to come out so respect to him for that.

Clicking through the links to those tweets is always very revealing. I liked this user: https://twitter.com/DrugFeud who claims to be an anti bullying campaigner but also a massive homophobe.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just can't see a point in my lifetime where it will just be "normal" (horrible word by the way) to be gay and in a public forum without it being announced or "leaked".

What I mean is, every time someone comes out we all agree that it's a shame we're at a point where someone FEELS they need to announce it. Also you ALWAYS read something along the lines of "hopefully this will be a catalyst for more people to feel comfortable disclosing their sexuality".

However, I just can't EVER see a point where its "normal" (please someone give me a better word).

It's catch 22 INNIT. You either don't announce it (which should be the norm) and people say WHERE ARE ALL THE GAYS? THEY'RE HIDING. Or you DO announce it and we all make a big fuss but then go back to step 1 where we say "I hope one day people won't feel the need to announce it".

Crazy.

Either way, I think young Tom has done this very well. He's done it on his terms and it's the most casual statement I've ever seen. Good lad.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Respect to him for doing it, considering he is one of the most famous British sportsman at the moment. Its also a big step forward to have high-profile sports-people coming out as gay, looking at the response - its pretty much all positive.

Still leaves football behind the times of course.

Should probably admit that I always had a feeling he might have liked men - surprising that he didnt have a girlfriend considering his position.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here