[Official Site] Jones Enjoying Selection Headaches

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
jones-l229-1151140_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:33 2nd December 2013
by Adam Tighe
with players coming back now and that gives us a selection headache which is fantastic"
Nathan Jones
Nathan Jones admitted that he and Oscar Garcia are relishing the strength and depth they now have to choose from.Albion’s squad has seen injured players return to action recently, including Liam Bridcutt, Andrea Orlandi and Kemy Agustien, and Jones confessed that the tough selection issues are a problem they are delighted to have.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We have got a little bit of a luxury with players coming back now and that gives us a selection headache which is fantastic.
“It is going to be a competitive few weeks for the squad but it is needed with the games coming thick and fast, especially the Christmas period, so we are getting players back at the right time.
“We have practice games where there are two teams and they are both strong sides. We kept reiterating back in August and September that we didn’t really want to sign players, we just wanted our players back because we are very proud of the squad we have here, it is fantastic.
“That is what we want, we prayed for it and now we are getting that back. We are now having selection headaches even with naming the bench.
“The squad that has been assembled here with the additions we made this season makes it an excellent Championship squad.”
Albion’s opponents Barnsley removed manager David Flitcroft at the weekend with the side languishing at the bottom of the table, and assistant manager Micky Mellon will take over the reins for the trip to the Amex.
However Jones said, “It will not affect our preparations at all; Barnsley have chosen to do that and I wish David all the best because he is a friend of mine. But I also know Micky Mellon and I know they will come with the same mentality and in the same vein that they would have done anyway. It may affect their mentality but we will play in the same way.
“There is no god given right to win a football match and Barnsley will come here and be right at it. It will be a difficult game tomorrow and I know that.
“However we have a fantastic crowd here who are educated so they will be patient, like they have been this year when things have not gone well, but now they are starting to see things coming to fruition.
“Hopefully we can give them a performance and result where they will go home smiling.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here