Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC Barnsleys most famous supporter....

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
dickie_bird_d.jpg

No disrespect Dickie, you may be one of Britains most loved sporting officials, alongside John Anderson from Gladiators and David Elleray, and you may be wearing in the above picture on the finest sweaters known to man, but your boys are going to take one helluva beating tomorrow evening.

Oscar and the boys are in sensational form at the moment, and they will be hell bent on inflicting another defeat on your sorry outfit and massively improving our goal difference in the process.

Come on, only a handful of tickets remaining for tomorrow night, lets sell the place out and roar them onto the verge of the promised land of the play-offs.

:albion2:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Dickie Bird is definitely the go-to Barnsley fan. Michael Parkinson has lived in Berkshire for years and goes to watch Reading more often than his hometown team. Same with Darren Gough, Barnsley born and bred but associates himself with Tottenham.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like Barnsley, I hope they stay up. I hope we beat them though.

Anyone remember that shocker of a kit they had in the 80's with the big white star on the front :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Trelford Mills, the referee who famously disallowed to Newcastle goals against us. He's a Barnsley STH and has followed them to the Amex at least once.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Dickie Bird is definitely the go-to Barnsley fan. Michael Parkinson has lived in Berkshire for years and goes to watch Reading more often than his hometown team. Same with Darren Gough, Barnsley born and bred but associates himself with Tottenham.

I thought Darren Gough now watches MK Dons, I am sure he was on the radio talking about this.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I thought Darren Gough now watches MK Dons, I am sure he was on the radio talking about this.

You might well be right. I must say I make a point of not listening to TalkSport, so I've not heard his ramblings on there. I remember him being interviewed years ago when he was still playing cricket for England and he said he was a fan of Tottenham because he liked watching Glenn Hoddle when he was growing up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
dickie_bird_d.jpg

No disrespect Dickie, you may be one of Britains most loved sporting officials, alongside John Anderson from Gladiators and David Elleray, and you may be wearing in the above picture on the finest sweaters known to man, but your boys are going to take one helluva beating tomorrow evening.

Oscar and the boys are in sensational form at the moment, and they will be hell bent on inflicting another defeat on your sorry outfit and massively improving our goal difference in the process.

Come on, only a handful of tickets remaining for tomorrow night, lets sell the place out and roar them onto the verge of the promised land of the play-offs.

:albion2:

I'll go with Bird...but only 1/0

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You might well be right. I must say I make a point of not listening to TalkSport, so I've not heard his ramblings on there. I remember him being interviewed years ago when he was still playing cricket for England and he said he was a fan of Tottenham because he liked watching Glenn Hoddle when he was growing up.

I don't always listen to TalkSport as I hate the adverts, I would not be surprised if he also liked Spurs.
I think I heard him say he lives in or near MK and his son(s) like to go to watch MK Dons, but he is still a Barnsley fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here