Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes: I have given the boss a selection headache [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Barnes: I have given the boss a selection headache[/h]5:00am Monday 2nd December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2755842.jpg
Ashley Barnes celebrates his goal
ALBION pointsaver Ashley Barnes believes he has given boss Oscar Garcia a selection problem.
The centre-forward's sweet strike earned the Seagulls a 1-1 draw at Bournemouth which stretched their unbeaten run in the Championship to six games.
Barnes has now scored three goals in as many matches to give Oscar a puzzle, with Leo Ulloa on the brink of returning from injury ahead of visits from rock-bottom Barnsley tomorrow night and new leaders Leicester on Saturday.
Barnes revealed to The Argus: "I don't know if it's too quick for Tuesday but I'm sure he (Ulloa) will definitely be ready for Saturday. If so the gaffer will have a selection problem.
"If we keep winning it will make it even harder, because the bench was amazing. You looked at that and thought 'B....y hell', so everyone is fighting for places."
Barnes cancelled out Matt Ritchie's first half free-kick for Bournemouth by controlling and turning on a throw-in from Inigo Calderon to unleash a rising left-foot shot into the roof of the net.
Barnes admitted it was the sort of strike he rarely produces in training. "We have a lad who goes and collects them out of the trees," he joked. "I'll have a look at it on the DVD for sure.
"It's up there with my best, maybe it is the best. I caught it so sweetly, it felt amazing. It was a great buzz to hit the back of the net."
Oscar said: "Ashley deserves it, because he works hard for the team. It's not easy to play against two centre-halves every game and he's doing a good job for us."
Oscar expects Rohan Ince (cramp) and Matt Upson (shoulder) to recover to face Barnsley. He must also decide whether to instantly recall Bruno from suspension in place of Calderon.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here