Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Coyle sacked

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Seriously?! They definitely over achieved being in the premier league for so long...they surely didn't expect to go straight back up under Coyle did they?!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I have to say this hasn't been confirmed yet. A local journo up there has just tweeted it and a colleague of his has also commented that confirmation is expected.

Mods may want to edit the thread title?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Martin Jol to Wigan. Dave Jones to Barnsley. Owen Coyle to Sheffield Wed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Wigan fans would love that.....he ain't very popular up there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Real shame. A new manager might not get them relegated. I wish he'd asset stripped a bit first, but there were none to strip away. Pity.

Thanks for your hard work at Bolton, and for doing your best at Wigan, 00Coyle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
was only a fortnight ago after they beat yeovil away and there was talk of him having a decent amount of money to spend in january for a promotion push...a few defeats later....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The rot started when we beat them. As their fans said, they should be walloping teams like us.:lolol:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not surprised. Shame for us though. Though saying that Whelan will probably bring in some other washed up has been :lolol:

With his promotion record I wonder whether a certain person from the South West will be getting a phone call.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Online newspaper public comment:

ThinnerBlueLine, Manchester, 6 minutes ago
Ruined Bolton and now ruined Wigan. Blackburn next and he gets a free car sticker. No-one's done the North-West this much harm since Maggie Thatcher!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Oscar is now the 19th longest serving manager in the Championship. He's steaming up the league table!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know their forums aren't exactly busy, therefore not really indicative of how their fanbase thinks but there are some of them who genuinely want Hollowhead.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ummm they're 6 points off the playoffs and have played a game less than most people AND have had a european campaign to deal with.

What a ridiculous decision.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Coyle is a dinosaur.

Along with jones.

Be surprised if either get new jobs quickly.
Coyle will go back north of the border, Jones will end up as an assistant in a L1 or 2 club somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here