Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley supposedly about to appoint John Gregory

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Well yes.

I think he's one of only three available managers in Continental Europe that Palace didn't approach.

He must be offering to work for three hundred quid a week or something.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wouldn't recognise him if was if he stood in Crawley high street with a CTFC shirt on and sign over his head

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't recognise him if was if he stood in Crawley high street with a CTFC shirt on and sign over his head

Seems an extremely strange appointment, if it happens. He was last heard of coaching in Kazakhstan, before being binned (again).

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
We should send Dick Knight up there to say hello.

I bet old Grecian 2000 recognises him now.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Neil Warnock now being linked with Sheffield Wednesday.

Which could be amusing, as a self confessed lifelong Blade.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's just been announced that Coppell has followed Barker out the door.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Heard a little on BBC Radio Sussex on the drive home. John Barnett, Crawlwee's wesident expert was waxing lyrical about John Gregory's managerial experience but strangely, he forgot to mention his time at Derby.......I wonder why ?

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Think they are slowly imploding .. tinpot club

Rather harsh.

Crawley Town fans are realistic about our status.We all know we're out our comfort zone and look out of place in League One.We're a non-league club mixing it with many well established league clubs and at times find it difficult dealing with the adjustment.We do however have a history,the club has been around since 1896,long before the new town was even thought about.So the tin pot remarks are just a tad disingenuous to a club that's been around well over a hundred years.

At the moment we are having a few issues,but every football club has issues from time to time,even Brighton has had a few over the years.I soppose many other clubs fans thought you were tin pot when you were playing at Withdean stadium.
Owning and running a football club in this day and age is a massive undertaking.For a club like Crawley it's even more challenging.We are sandwiched between Brighton and the London clubs, which makes the fan base difficult to grow.We are trying to establish ourselves as a league club knowing it could all fall apart at any moment.We are all aware the slide back to the conference is always just around the corner,but heh,you gotta live the dream ain't ya.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rather harsh.

Crawley Town fans are realistic about our status.We all know we're out our comfort zone and look out of place in League One.We're a non-league club mixing it with many well established league clubs and at times find it difficult dealing with the adjustment.We do however have a history,the club has been around since 1896,long before the new town was even thought about.So the tin pot remarks are just a tad disingenuous to a club that's been around well over a hundred years.

At the moment we are having a few issues,but every football club has issues from time to time,even Brighton has had a few over the years.I soppose many other clubs fans thought you were tin pot when you were playing at Withdean stadium.
Owning and running a football club in this day and age is a massive undertaking.For a club like Crawley it's even more challenging.We are sandwiched between Brighton and the London clubs, which makes the fan base difficult to grow.We are trying to establish ourselves as a league club knowing it could all fall apart at any moment.We are all aware the slide back to the conference is always just around the corner,but heh,you gotta live the dream ain't ya.

What are your thoughts on Barker and his sacking?

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Rather harsh.

Fair one (Crawley are actually an older club than the Albion).

I don't particularly wish you ill luck. I've always been rather ambivalent about Crawley, as I think many Albion fans are, because there's just no historical rivalry, one FA Cup thrashing aside. I can easily see how you seem to have hit the ceiling in League One. I do think John Gregory is a strange sort of appointment though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rather harsh.

So, Gregory is not just managing the team then ? I suppose he has to run the burger van,get the kit washed and sell all those raffle tickets too ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Rather harsh.

What's the Latest on Coppell ?
Was he pushed or did he leave on good terms ?
Good luck with the new manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here