Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday night - should win but do you have a nagging feeling . . . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I, presumably like most Albion fans, am expecting the lads to win and win comfortably, but I do have that nagging feeling . . . Barnsley have been very poor and their away record suggests that they will offer little. They are also managerless, and this too is disruptive for them, though might of course be a bonus, if the manager was disliked. Albion are on a relatively good run and there is now more competition for places as the injured players start to return -confidence must be high.
However, how many of us have seen this before? A home banker ruined by the underdog who is determined not to look silly, and the longer we take to score, the jittery it might become and the more emboldened the opposition feels. We have on occasion started very slowly and if the proverbial bus is parked you know where, we might all be made to sweat. Watford must have thought they were on an easy wicket yesterday . .
I am not saying that I am certain we will struggle, but in these sort of situations it is not always as easy as it might seem. Can OG fire the lads up as if Barnsley were top of the league -I certainly hope so.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Calm down son, calm down. A tidy three goal win for an Albion team that have built up good momentum.

Jimmy Grimble

Yes, because we are pony on weeknights.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Barnsley will come with the sole intention of nicking a point in a 0-0 bore draw. We will have to break down a 8-1-1 formation.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We'll be fine.

We've had too many disappointing midweekers at the AMEX, and we are long overdue a great result under the lights

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think it will be an interesting game and a good chance to give Bridcutt and Orlandi a good run out.

Probably wrong but I wouldn't mind seeing the team below start.

Kuz
Bruno – Greer – Upson - Ward
Bridcutt – Ince – Crofts
Conway – Barnes – Orlandi

Orlandi won’t last much more than the first half but he can be taken off, Barnes can drop back wide and Lita can come on. I don’t think Lopez will be any better than a not match fit Orlandi.

Ince, Bridcutt and Crofts can alternate forward positions and I don’t see Bridcutt as just a holding midfielder under Oscar.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Brighton on an unbeaten run of 6 games, or however many it is. Players beginning to come back from injury and evidence of the Oscar influence beginning to pay dividends.

Barnsley bottom, just sacked their manager and in complete disarray.

It's got shock away win written all over it.

I hope most sincerely I am wrong.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We should win comfortably... But there again I thought we would thrash Millwall and Wednesday.

So..

1-1 draw it is then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here