Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull owner says: Critics 'can die as soon as they want'

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I heard Tony wants to ditch Our name and call us the Brighton Seagulls with our badge consisting of an angry seagull perched on a wheelie bin pecking at some rubbish.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have signed the petition as every Brighton fan should given our history. I do have to ask, however, why there's only 6000 odd signatures and why the protests at the ground today are pretty half hearted by the looks of things. Has Prescott come out against this?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Classy. The problem with guys like him and the Cardiff owner is that they feel they have a mandate to do whatever they like because their investment has got their clubs into the top flight, although I'm not sure that's entirely true in Hull's case. He wouldn't be in a position to say that if Hull were playing in front of an empty stadium, but because they are currently in the Premier League, that's not going to happen. I'd be prepared to wager that he will not be on Humberside in 3 years' time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These no-mark owners are all full of themselves when their club gets lucky and gets to spend a season in the sun with the big boys. They won't be such Clever Trevors when they go down and need the support of the fans. Oh, hang on, forgot, they got the parachute payments to look forward to by way of a see-ya-suckers payoff. Whole thing stinks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't really see what the problem is..if people want success they have to get people in who have the money to bankroll them. If they want to change the name there is bugger all anyone can do about it.

I am sure if we got into the prem and needed some more money to buy players...tb gets a mate in with loads of dosh who said " I'll invest but I want brighton to be called the brighton blue bandits" , then would people really moan if it meant we could afford the likes of Suarez and such like?

Such is modern sport, be it rugby, footy or whatever

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Don't really see what the problem is..if people want success they have to get people in who have the money to bankroll them. If they want to change the name there is bugger all anyone can do about it.

I am sure if we got into the prem and needed some more money to buy players...tb gets a mate in with loads of dosh who said " I'll invest but I want brighton to be called the brighton blue bandits" , then would people really moan if it meant we could afford the likes of Suarez and such like?

There isn't bugger all we could do about it. Thames Valley Royals did not happen, even though Robert Maxwell wanted it.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
In his defence though, at least he was giving the critics the option of dying when they want to. He should be commended for that at least.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Have signed the petition as every Brighton fan should given our history. I do have to ask, however, why there's only 6000 odd signatures and why the protests at the ground today are pretty half hearted by the looks of things. Has Prescott come out against this?

I fully concur with those observations, DD. Not only has the petition seemingly been up for 6 months, the target was only 7500. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see the charming Dr. Allam taking much notice of a signed protest that has less than half the number of those who go & watch Hull City at home. Perhaps their neo-supporters have become just as "meh" as the majority of other football clubs? It certainly wouldn't surprise me tbh.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm surprised you don't see what the problem is ..even if you think its the face of 'modern' sport.....maybe some people think there is a line to be drawn.

D

Deleted member 18477

I dont agree with what hes said... however if it wasnt for him Hull would be a low championship team/league 1 team at best...

Money talks. He cleared their huge debt!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I dont agree with what hes said... however if it wasnt for him Hull would be a low championship team/league 1 team at best...

Money talks. He cleared their huge debt!

Money indeed talked at Blackburn....and then...

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Football has to retain SOME connection with the fans shirley? If you take away the local/national players, the name, the colours, the lifeblood connection to the town, then you end up with some irrelevant lump of nice-looking concrete on the outer edge of the BN postcode area, a bit like the marina. You cut the umbilical cord to the people who care about the club at your peril. Cos then you're reliant on the passing JCLs and then you might as well forget it unless you can offer proper parking and guaranteed success. As for the proper fans who want to watch real football in the heart of a community? Well, Lewes FC is at least as accessible as BHAFC, comes with standing as standard and has a WAY superior choice of drinking options...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hull fans predictably singing "We're Hull City we'll die when we want' today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here