Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth catering

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Worst I have experienced, scruffy staff, scruffy conditions, no pies, lukewarm Bovril, certainly not interested in the away fans, having travelled for 2 to 3 hours to get there one does expect some refreshment, only a hotdog ?? on offer , oh yes they did have crisps and the odd chocolate bar. I believe they even ran out of bottled beer.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Worst I have experienced, scruffy staff, scruffy conditions, no pies, lukewarm Bovril, certainly not interested in the away fans, having travelled for 2 to 3 hours to get there one does expect some refreshment, only a hotdog ?? on offer , oh yes they did have crisps and the odd chocolate bar. I believe they even ran out of bottled beer.

I went to get a drink with fifteen minutes to go and all the shutters had been closed. Don't think they care about profits either.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Have to say the catering was awful, run out of fosters (didn't bother me too much as was driving), basic maths appeared to be beyond them

Having said that, was it me or did the bar seem to be staffed by mainly (dis-interested) kids (or am I really getting old)

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Perhaps their catering is run by Sodexo too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disgusting, we did not have enough time to eat pre-match at that cafe in the park.

Rancid hot dog with luke warm coffee - yuck

Jan 30, 2008
worst i have experienced, scruffy staff, scruffy conditions, no pies, lukewarm bovril, certainly not interested in the away fans, having travelled for 2 to 3 hours to get there one does expect some refreshment, only a hotdog ?? On offer , oh yes they did have crisps and the odd chocolate bar. I believe they even ran out of bottled beer.
snob alert :whistle:
regards
DR

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
i was in the corporate hospitality with my wife's college's solicitors - not a specific box, but part of the general scrum in their big restaurant. Full English breakfast before the match started, preceded by muffins an/or Danish pastries. Then a few sandwiches and mini meat pies at half-time, and cheese and biscuits after the match.

To echo what seemed to be going on elsewhere, it wasn't very good, there wasn't enough of anything and the service was pretty poor, the relatives of the disinterested kids who were elsewhere, possibly. My wife and I agreed, as we left the stadium, that we would change the caterers. Given that I recently took her to her first match at the AMEX (she's a Saints STH), the pie and Pint/tea we had there pre-match for an evening match was far, far superior.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once you leave League 1 standard catering behind its very difficult to get used to it again. :laugh:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No issues here, a few rounds of Foster's and Bulmers with no problems, had a lot worse and even topped 'em up when we pointed out the short pints.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Jesus wept. Some people went for the football. If you want to eat a meal go to a restaurant.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Had a lovely cappuccino & croissant on Bournemouth beach image.jpg - you lot really should plan ahead

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here