Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What will Oscar do?

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Another scorcher from Barnesy

Worried about the pull on their keeper to earn an elbow, then the lie about it on camera though.

What will Oscar do once Leo & Macca are back?

Macca's quick so can go wider if he ever gets fit.

but Leo and Ash are centre forwards and you don't get the best out of Ash on the left compared to Orlandi for instance.

What will Oscar do?

Change formation?
Put Barnes somewhere else?
Put Leo somewhere else?
Drop Barnes?

Will Will Hoskins ever get a chance?
This shape should suit him very nicely, Buckley's often injured, Dave's getting on ..?

Dec 29, 2011
Ulloa straight back in, Hoskins will never play for us again, Barnes probably dropped by possibly play wide if we need a more defensive winger, CMS will probably play regularly, not sure how he'll fit in though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ulloa straight back in, Hoskins will never play for us again, Barnes probably dropped by possibly play wide if we need a more defensive winger, CMS will probably play regularly, not sure how he'll fit in though.

I cannot see Ulloa starting straight away if anything to go by the struggle Orlandi had clearly as being match fit is way different from just back to training.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
When everyone is fit I'd imagine Barnes would assume his usual position in the left with Ulloa up top down the middle. Orlandi is a quality player but does lack a bit of pace. With his footballing brain, I feel he's much better as the play maker 'number 10' role which he played most of pre season and he'll get tons of assists from there

scooter1

How soon is now?
Once CMS and Ulloa are fit, I think Barnes will find himself back out covering the left, with Ulloa up top. CMS will be an impact sub. He doesn't have the skill to play as any type of winger/supply player. However, when defenders start to tire, then he will be at his most dangerous, and hopefully effective

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I wouldn't mind us seeing how we could incorporate both CMS/Barnes and Ulloa up front together.

I've always liked the 4-1-3-2 formation, but it can be problematic for fitting players like Ince in to it.

-------Kush------
Calde/Bruno-Greer-Upson-Ward
---------Bridcutt-------
Buckley--JFC/Ince/Crofts/Andrews--Lua Lua
-------CMS/Barnes & Ulloa-----

A very attacking formation with the ability of Ince and Bridcutt to provide that extra defensive cover, and to get forward. Unlikely to happen, but it's how I'd love us to set ourselves up.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ulloa will slowly be reintroduced from the bench, but him and Barnes with play alongside each other - with Barnes and CMS being rotated when CMS returns.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Orlandi is our key player along with Ulloa they are stick on starters every week when fully fit. Absolutely nailed on. Barnes will end up benched and playing on the left occasionally. CMS will be an impact sub like lua lua.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar will pick the best starting 11 and the best 7 to be on the bench based on who we are playing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here