Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi is a footballing intellectual

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Really impressed by his command of the English language and his communication skills in the post match interview.

Liked his statement with an appreciative statement about Bournemouth too. Their manager is very astute, will be very big in a decade methinks.

We are quite a clever team aren't we?

TNBA

TTF

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Really impressed by his command of the English language and his communication skills in the post match interview.

Liked his statement with an appreciative statement about Bournemouth too. Their manager is very astute, will be very big in a decade methinks.

We are quite a clever team aren't we?

TNBA

TTF
There are a couple of exceptions.

:lolol:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I thought this would be a thread about Orlandi's decision to stop the ball going out of play for our corner from an offside position.

No. Albert Camus set the standard. Orlandi needs to get a couple of novels under his belt before he gets anywhere near the required level.

Albert Camus - wasn't he the miserable old sod in Coronation Street ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Procrastination is the thief of time

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Procrastination is the thief of time

Was Orlandi supportive of this assertion, or not? To develop our understanding of the Orlandi school of philosophy, we need more insight into his personal beliefs. I know that he likes his mum's parmesan risotto, but I need more to go on.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Was Orlandi supportive of this assertion, or not? To develop our understanding of the Orlandi school of philosophy, we need more insight into his personal beliefs. I know that he likes his mum's Parmesan risotto, but I need more to go on.

I forgot about the procrastination statement. Re-enforces the argument methinks. Also Parmesan risotto sounds great, especially with ceps and peas. Might just rustle this up for lunch........

So Orlandi is now a food fashion guru and a lexicographic footballing intellectual who doesn't understand the offside rule.

TNBA

TTF

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
No. Albert Camus set the standard. Orlandi needs to get a couple of novels under his belt before he gets anywhere near the required level.

too much existential angst to make it at international level.

shame

I am sure that when he featured in the programme last season he said he was studying to be a lawyer and his then choice of reading was about Greek/Roman gods and myths (probably in the original language). Can someone dig it out and prove I am not hallucinating..

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
what was his line? something about procrastination being the thief of success ?

anyway

CLASS

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am sure that when he featured in the programme last season he said he was studying to be a lawyer and his then choice of reading was about Greek/Roman gods and myths (probably in the original language). Can someone dig it out and prove I am not hallucinating..

You're right. It was in a programme last year. My son's got a copy of it in his room, adorned with Orlandi's signature on the cover. Great to see him back but, given his performance yesterday, he'll need easing back in gently, especially with the volume of games that are approaching.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here