Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange Season

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Is it just me or is this the season that never was. It just doesn't seem to have got going yet and almost half way through.

What's your take so far

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
what are you on ? My bank account tells me it's happening, we're comfortably in the top ten , have not lost to any of the relegated sides ...........need I go on ??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
what are you on ? My bank account tells me it's happening, we're comfortably in the top ten , have not lost to any of the relegated sides ...........need I go on ??

You never noticed we only had one game at the Amex in the whole of November then? I agree with OP, season only gets going properly next week, weather permitting. No more poxy international breaks or or Uni open days or Falmer whist drives for a while.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Is it just me or is this the season that never was. It just doesn't seem to have got going yet and almost half way through.

What's your take so far

I think it's the amount of injuries to our regular players that's giving that effect, It only just feels like the season is starting to kick off to me.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Slowly and surely this season is gathering pace. One by one, our injured players are returning. Week by week our team are getting use to the style required by our new manager and getting better.
We are not worried about falling behind anymore. We have the spirit and resolve to come back. After Christmas we will be eating this division alive and blowing teams away. We will be better than last season. We have a very talented manager.
Anything is possible, even automatic promotion.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This League seems more than competitive than ever this season. That's why I love The Championship.

We have been hampered by injuries so far.... and we are still doing well.

I think, like last season, that our season will really take off in January.

(Edit . You and I were typing exactly same thoughts at the same time Mo :) )

We do seem to blow hot one month and cold the next, lets hope the great form of November continues into December and we can push on into the top six.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
All coming together nicely. In touch with the clubs at the top and the injured players now coming back.

Keep pace for the next month and we're brilliantly placed for the final 1/3 of the season.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Just you then

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You never noticed we only had one game at the Amex in the whole of November then? I agree with OP, season only gets going properly next week, weather permitting. No more poxy international breaks or or Uni open days or Falmer whist drives for a while.

After just one in September also, no momentum at all to it....season starts Tuesday

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know exactly what the OP is on about. The international breaks make the season at top level totally unbalanced. You play hardly any games at 3pm Saturday in the first three months and then suddenly you've got a season to finish. Add to that the arsing around with Gus and our injuries and it feels like we've barely started.

The great thing is that we are now in to the hard yards, players are coming back all over the shop and we have a nice unbeaten run going. The injuries and unsettledness at least came at the right time in the season.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I know exactly what the OP is on about. The international breaks make the season at top level totally unbalanced. You play hardly any games at 3pm Saturday in the first three months and then suddenly you've got a season to finish. Add to that the arsing around with Gus and our injuries and it feels like we've barely started.

The great thing is that we are now in to the hard yards, players are coming back all over the shop and we have a nice unbeaten run going. The injuries and unsettledness at least came at the right time in the season.

Thank you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here