Is the Premier League Fixed

• Yes, you can tell

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No you are just paranoid

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Just finished watching the Newcastle Vs West Brom game and It got me thinking, Is the Premier League AKA Premiership fixed. Why you may ask. Everything just seems so wooden, you know like so perfectly Synchronised. I know alot of you will think of me as trolling. But I honestly think It's fixed because to me It just seems so staged. Sure big teams have got to stay In the higher places but In an honest competition It would be like the championship but we know whos going to win the Premier League year In and year out, Sure switch It around from time to time but even then It still feels superficial.

What are you thought's on this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The answer to your question is summed up in 3 words:-

TO

MUCH

MONEY

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think what it is, is that the quality is pretty high in the PL, some teams are better than others, some far worse (cpfc), but it's the teams who are far better who ever have a title chance, it's the same on every league in the world, the good teams win.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Too many sly grasping wide boys, and too many wealthy global betting markets for it not to be. Don't think it's widespread, and not enough for it to influence who wins the thing, but fixing is undoubtedly there in one form or another. Not that long ago that they did away with the betting on time Of First Throw In because West Ham were too dim to make it not look obvious. And the player... Paul Kitson. Google it:

'I was previously on a newspaper that discovered ‘irregular betting patterns’ when West Ham’s Paul Kitson succeeded in hoofing the ball out just two seconds into a game at Old Trafford. Betting offices reported unusual interest in the first throw and, when a United player returned the ball to play after just seven seconds, the spot bet would have paid 63 times any stake to those involved.'

Last edited:

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I think what it is, is that the quality is pretty high in the PL, some teams are better than others, some far worse (cpfc), but it's the teams who are far better who ever have a title chance, it's the same on every league in the world, the good teams win.

But don't you ever think It's always set out a certain way. There's non of that Nitty gritty football that's down In the lower leagues. Remember everyone used to think wrestling was real at one point.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a league table palace don't come bottom in?:-

BaV8HkhIMAAOtHO.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't forget all those dodgy floodlight 'failures' of yesteryear. Those were due mainly to far eastern betting syndicates pulling the plug when it suited them because their rules stated that they got paid out on the result as it stood when the match got abandoned.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
While you shouldn't get complacent about these things, I think the players at the very top level are earning good enough money to not be tempted to make a financial killing by fixing a match. The likelihood is greater in the lower leagues or at Conference level because players would stand to make more from pulling off a fix than they would get from their wages at that level and it would probably also be easier to collude with other players in contriving an outcome. The prominence of spread betting plays a part as that leaves open the possibility of 'spot fixes' occurring on things like corners, throw-ins and yellow cards.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It's going to be the same old lot. You watch. I cannot say but I can guarantee It's going to be one of the "Top 4" I will put £150 In REMF.

Has it occurred to you that the 'Top 4' are the top 4 because they are the best 4 teams in the league and are hence most likely to win the league?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, 20 years ago. Players being paid a lot, lot more in top flight football now though and more aware of the consequences of being found out.

There is no suggestion that John Terry is, or ever was, involved in match fixing in any shape or form, but he certainly wasn't averse to a nice little earner on the side, reportedly. Here's one link from a national newspaper, and there are many others.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...elsea-captain-John-Terry-hit-controversy.html

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes, 20 years ago. Players being paid a lot, lot more in top flight football now though and more aware of the consequences of being found out.

That's true but you also hear of players losing 30K a time on gambling, who could be tempted to get extra.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
There is no suggestion that John Terry is, or ever was, involved in match fixing in any shape or form, but he certainly wasn't averse to a nice little earner on the side, reportedly. Here's one link from a national newspaper, and there are many others.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...elsea-captain-John-Terry-hit-controversy.html

I don't doubt that there is a betting culture in football. Rich, young men with plenty of time on their hands and a low boredom threshold and made easier now when it can be done just by touching the screen on their smart phone. Several high profile footballers have had gambling addictions. That said, I still think there would not be many high profile players who would be willing to fix a match in order to make a killing on a bet. They would just stand to lose too much if caught.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here