Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flitcroft sacked....?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oscar moving up the longest serving manager table yet again - hooray !

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
BBC Radio Sheffield's Paul Walker reports that Barnsley have sacked manager David Flitcroft.

Is that the first of a few this evening?

Jol next?

Good prep for a long journey down to Brighton on Tuesday, where they got stuffed 5-1 last year?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Strange decision to sack him imo. The guy pulled off a motivational miracle last season to keep them up. I think theyve just confirmed their relegation now as he could have pulled it off again. I dont see who else will. Where do they expect to be in this league?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Strange decision to sack him imo. The guy pulled off a motivational miracle last season to keep them up. I think theyve just confirmed their relegation now as he could have pulled it off again. I dont see who else will. Where do they expect to be in this league?

I suppose they hope someone comes in and does what he did last season. They are bottom with only 11 points from 17 and lost 3-0 at home to a poor Birmingham side.

It makes me a bit nervous for Tuesday now. It brings another random element to the game as you don't know how they'll react.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suppose they hope someone comes in and does what he did last season. They are bottom with only 11 points from 17 and lost 3-0 at home to a poor Birmingham side.

It makes me a bit nervous for Tuesday now. It brings another random element to the game as you don't know how they'll react.

Precisely what we did not want really and annoyingly may well give them the edge for Tuesday night so perhaps a bit of a slog now for a 2-0 win.

Big test coming up on the 7th with Leicester at home

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see this as good news, far better than having it as Flitcroft's make or break match. Good time to play them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here