[Official Site] Barnes: One of the Best

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barnes-l229-1206260_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
16:05 30th November 2013
by Adam Tighe
It is up there with the best, maybe it is the best. I have just turned and caught it so sweet and it felt amazing"
Ashley Barnes
Ashley Barnes believes his goal against Bournemouth may be the best of his career so far.The striker thundered home an unstoppable second-half strike to earn the Seagulls a point and laid down a marker for Albion Goal of the Season in the process.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It is up there with the best, maybe it is the best. I have just turned and caught it so sweet and it felt amazing.
“Hitting the back of the net is what everyone wants to do and the feeling you get from it, the buzz, is fantastic.
“I know with the players we have I am always going to get a chance no matter what. There was a couple at the end where Craig (Conway) put in a cross and I should have been there but I was waiting for the pull-back, but it is one of those things you work on and one day it will pay off.
“I am happy to play anywhere like I say every week but I am just delighted to be on the pitch and enjoying my football.”
Meanwhile Barnes confessed nobody was happy with the first-half display but commended the team’s resilience in fighting back after the break.
“We were disappointed with the slow start, first half we were terrible and we know that ourselves. We had to put it right in the second half and we did that.
“I am not sure what was the problem in the first half, it was just one of those days where nothing was going for us. In possession we kept losing it but everybody was the same, we just need to put that right for Tuesday.
“Every game we need to win no matter what, we are still unbeaten and we will take that into the Barnsley game and go for the three points.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here