[Official Site] Calderon Faces Old Friends

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-l229-1068217_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
00:40 30th November 2013
by Ben Soro-Perez
Inigo Calderon is looking forward to meeting up with former Albion defender Tommy Elphick this afternoon.The Albion right-back, who returns to the side in place of the suspended Bruno, will face Elphick for the first time as an opponent and has fond memories of their time together as team-mates.
Calde told www.seagulls.co.uk, “Tommy has always been a role model for me. I remember he didn’t really enjoy his last year here because of his Achilles injury, but I never saw him moan - even in the treatment room, every day he was smiling.
“I am happy for him because he has done well since he went to Bournemouth. It’s not easy to come back after injuries like the ones he had, and I’m looking forward to seeing him and Steve Cook.”
Calderon had found himself out of the team recently following the return of Bruno from injury, but states that the team is more important than any one individual.
“It’s football, you have to respect the manager’s decision. This isn’t the first time it’s happened and you just have to try hard and wait for your chance again.
“The team is more important than me and I have to accept that. Bruno is a top player and one of my friends, so I can only wish him the best and wait for my chance.
“It’s not about scoring a goal or doing something to stay in the team, it’s just to make sure the team wins.”
Having picked up his fifth booking of the season away to Wigan last week, Bruno’s suspension serves as a timely reminder to Calderon who is only a booking away from a similar fate.
“I don’t consider myself a dirty player. I think the same of Bruno though and he’s had five yellows!
“Sometimes it’s just what happens and you cannot think about it, you just play the game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here