Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you change the midfield today?

Would you tinker with the midfield today?

• No, the current midfield have earned their places

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Yes, we need to get our best players back in the side

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The old adage is you shouldn't change a winning team. Obviously Calderon will replace Bruno but with Orlandi, Bridcutt, Andrews and Kemy all fit again, would you tinker with the midfield?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Id keep the midfield today, then all being well, ie we are controlling the game with 20mins to go.
I would then make the substitutions with wholesales changes for Tuesday in mind.

Soccerball is a squad sport, no point having one and not using it.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I have voted yes, but it is impossible to tell without knowing how well they have been playing in training and how fit they all are.
It will be good to see Bridcutt and Orlandi get involved again.

I'd go:
--------------PIG------------
Calderon--Greer--Upson--Ward
-----------Bridcutt-------------
------Dave-------------------
---------------Crofty--------
----JFC--------------------
--------------------Orlandi
-----------No9------------
Or something like that!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Like to see Orlandi and Bridders start given their class

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The old adage of not changing a winning team went out with the arc.

Teams are picked to win games using the right personnel to achieve a result. It's a squad not a team these days.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The clue is in option 2 - We need our BEST PLAYERS back in the side.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's certainly a tough one. Orlandi is that link-up man full of touch and guile that i feel we've missed enormously, but i wouldn't want to risk his fitness, so yes a 25 minute substitute appearance might do him good and then a full run-out on Tuesday night. Bridders i'd have back in there, but not at the expense of Ince, so it's difficult to decide on how both can play in the same side. I have to dissuade myself from lodging in camp anti-Crofts as his goals have been vital, but it's possible when fully-fit Orlandi will be back in, Bridders and Ince are an immovable force in front of the back 4 whilst JFC stays in to stroke the ball around and get in killer positions in Crofts' place.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I have voted yes, but it is impossible to tell without knowing how well they have been playing in training and how fit they all are.

i agree. But it would be nice to get Bridcutt and Orlandi back in at some point today to build up some match fitness and, hopefully, get back in the groove.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It hasn't hurt us over the last few weeks, stick with the same but don't be afraid to make early subs if it's not working. I'm more than happy to see Bridcutt snd Orlandi eased back in to the action.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think just because they are our best players, shouldn't mean an automatic team spot. Since our current first 11 is playing well, I see no reason to swap out our in-form players. They have earned their place, so let them have game time.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd start the same if all fit, but Bridders and Orlandi need minutes.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We need to trust Oscar on this. I do not think Orlandi will start but Ince and Bridders is the very interesting one. One thing, it should keep them keen and all on their toes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes to Bridcutt, probably give Orlandi minutes from the bench, would be my guess.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ince and Bridcutt in the same team is a truly mouth-watering prospect. Ince has done good work in Bridder's role but I see him more as a box-to-box midfielder (that run against Blackburn :drool: ).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ince and Bridcutt in the same team is a truly mouth-watering prospect. Ince has done good work in Bridder's role but I see him more as a box-to-box midfielder (that run against Blackburn :drool: ).

This. He doesn't look like a DM at all long term. Much more a Yaya Toure force through the middle.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Depends how they've done in training. I think the most logical approach would be start with the same line up as before, and then adapt and change tactics as the game progresses, if needed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Got to start with Liam. He's different class and looked great each time he has come on. Ince has played well but they do the same job. So sadly I'd drop Ince. Not sure how fit Orlandi is, so would keep JFC to start but I'd expect Orlandi to come on and when match fit to start every time.

I've like Andrews this season but he got injured at the wrong time - just as crofty has hit some form. So he'll be on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here