Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young guns have livened up Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Young guns have livened up Albion[/h]6:00am Saturday 30th November 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
Nathan Jones has hailed the invigorating influence of Albion's young midfield duo Jake Forster-Caskey and Rohan Ince.
And he has called on the senior players to respond to the challenge of displacing them.
Forster-Caskey, below left, and Ince, below right, are expected to stay in the team at Bournemouth today, leaving Liam Bridcutt, Andrea Orlandi, Kemy Agustien and fit-again Keith Andrews to fight it out for spots on the bench.
Assistant head coach Jones said: “We want that competition all over. We don't want anyone getting complacent.
“Young players tend not to - they are always the ones who think they are going to be the first one out.
“But they are in good form. They are playing well and they are adding that competition. It's a great freshness to have youngsters in your squad.
“I was always regarded as a sort of veteran throughout my career. When a young lad came in he was always fresh and I liked that competition, so we are looking for our older players to respond well but we are also looking for the younger players to continue. They have exceeded expectations.”
One of the experienced midfielders will be sitting in the stands if Jones and head coach Oscar Garcia decide they need another defender in reserve alongside Adam El-Abd, with Inigo Calderon promoted to the starting line-up at the expense of the banned Bruno.
Jones said: "We have been waiting for a selection headache for the eleven, yet alone the bench, but that is the type of squad we have once everybody is fit.
"That is what I have kept reiterating. We are not looking to sign anyone, we just want our players back and now we have got most of them.
"Hopefully we will have far more selection headaches than we have this weekend. It's a nice selection headache but these are all good, top professionals and they will be battling it out in the right way."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here