Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kangaroo Dundee

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Watch it on iPlayer you missed it. What a fascinating programme about Brolga and his kangaroo sanctuary in Australia. The joeys were particularly cute, but the hero of the programme was Brolga. What a guy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Watch it on iPlayer you missed it. What a fascinating programme about Brolga and his kangaroo sanctuary in Australia. The joeys were particularly cute, but the hero of the programme was Brolga. What a guy.

I think I saw this a few months ago, very dedicated fella, bless him.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sure I watched it awhile back, very dedicated guy. Well worth watching

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What a guy.

I heard him interviewed on the radio a few days ago. The interviewer said that he must get lots of marriage requests from women (it looks like you may be another admirer! :wink:). He said that he did get lots, but that he found that the prospect of living in a "shack", with no electricity, no running water, no toilet, in 50 degree heat in the middle of nowhere seemed to put many suitors off!

What struck me was the completely level way he said it. I detected no irony, no bitterness, no disappointment. He was simply reporting a fact. He came across as just completely dedicated to kangaroos, which, while admirable, is simultaneously somewhat scary, as all obsessives tend to be....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was it him who had to keep running around that bush because one of the " Joeys" was now at breeding age and was trying to " Box " him as he was seen as a love rival ?....marvellous scenes.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Was it him who had to keep running around that bush because one of the " Joeys" was now at breeding age and was trying to " Box " him as he was seen as a love rival ?....marvellous scenes.

Thats him, think the adult male he reared from new born is the one who he now has trouble with. Think the roos name is Roger

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I heard him interviewed on the radio a few days ago. The interviewer said that he must get lots of marriage requests from women (it looks like you may be another admirer! :wink:). He said that he did get lots, but that he found that the prospect of living in a "shack", with no electricity, no running water, no toilet, in 50 degree heat in the middle of nowhere seemed to put many suitors off!

What struck me was the completely level way he said it. I detected no irony, no bitterness, no disappointment. He was simply reporting a fact. He came across as just completely dedicated to kangaroos, which, while admirable, is simultaneously somewhat scary, as all obsessives tend to be....

Maybe he should marry a kangaroo. Probably will in the end

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Roger indeed was trying to kill him!! No gratitude!! Lol. Roger was named after Roger Rabbit as a Joey because he had floppy ears!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here