Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Chopper Crashes Into Glasgow Pub

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Amount of injuries or possible fatalities is unknown at present. There was no explosion or fire following the crash and there are reports the engine was spluttering and then cut out before the crash.

Thoughts with those involved.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
More police vehicles involved in crashes :ohmy:

You know what? Normally I wouldn't respond.

But seriously. **** right off, you idiot.

Time and a place, eh?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Turned on BBC news channel after seeing the breaking stories on Twitter. Looks horrific. Thoughts are with those affected.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Looks like it could be a miracle that there was no resulting fire and/or an explosion - especially in an incident involving an aircraft.

Dec 29, 2011
Helicopter crashes are one of my worst fears. Nothing you can do if it cuts out, at least with an airplane you can try and glide it down. Scary stuff.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Helicopter crashes are one of my worst fears. Nothing you can do if it cuts out, at least with an airplane you can try and glide it down. Scary stuff.

It depends on what fails. I know a few people that have survived helicopter crashes and have been in a couple of hairy situations on them myself. The worst thing is something happening over a built up area.

Thoughts are with those involved and their families.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You can land a helicopter without power. It seems like that's what the pilot was trying to do. It's called autorotation.

Dec 29, 2011
It depends on what fails. I know a few people that have survived helicopter crashes and have been in a couple of hairy situations on them myself. The worst thing is something happening over a built up area.

Thoughts are with those involved and their families.

You can land a helicopter without power. It seems like that's what the pilot was trying to do. It's called autorotation.

Didn't know that, I'll give it a Google. I just assumed it wasn't possible, helicopter crashes seem a lot more common, maybe that's just a misconception I have.

Ah, I see you linked it. Thanks Dick Head :thumbsup:

breachy

Nov 18, 2008
Lower Bourne
BaSAX05CIAE0NcB.jpg Bloody Hell ... Thoughts go to families, What a horrible nightmare for victims

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Terrible news. The rotary blades of a downed chopper can be lethal as a friend of mine pointed out while serving in the forces.

RIP

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nothing worse than a lady using the C word - sorry.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why would you expect there to be an explosion?

Usually fuel leaks or the fuel tank gets damaged and some sort of explosion happens - or a fire albeit possibly small.

Had there been an explosion - there would be a very high count of fatalities - even an aviation expert on the news is surprised there was no fire/explosion - it's a miracle.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This is terrible news and a terrible time for it to happen, end of the month near pay day and people enjoying a drink and watching a band. My thoughts are with those who have lost loved ones and I hope there aren't too many casualties.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here