Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The movie that is going to land Tony Blair in jail

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and this is the knob who went on to big brother and knelt in front of Rula Lenska and lapped milk from a saucer
yea like anyone will ever believe anything he says even if its true

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
and this is the knob who went on to big brother and knelt in front of Rula Lenska and lapped milk from a saucer

This. The guy has been so comprehensively dis-credited over his career he is the joke of the political establishment.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Hard to compare Big Brother cat gate on public TV, to Blair being Bush's lap dog poodle behind closed doors and illegal war.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think Blair does deserve to be tried. Galloway will not make this happen unfortunately. Too many people rely on Blair for a hefty income and too many people would go down with him for anyone to let someone like Galloway try and take him down. Besides, I think Galloway has some skeletons hiding in a few closets himself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think Blair does deserve to be tried. Galloway will not make this happen unfortunately. Too many people rely on Blair for a hefty income and too many people would go down with him for anyone to let someone like Galloway try and take him down. Besides, I think Galloway has some skeletons hiding in a few closets himself.

Indeed, Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. Anyway, why stop at Blair ? there are plenty more ex-heads of nations who should be sent for trial for multitudes of crimes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

This politics lark is quite complicated for a simple person like me. I'm glad you're here to point out the goodies from the baddies in simple terms. :angel:

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This. The guy has been so comprehensively dis-credited over his career he is the joke of the political establishment.

I haven't seen Galloway's film, nor do I intend to watch it, but note that all those negative comments thus far haven't actually dealt with the argument and have, instead, decided to attack the man (life's a bit like that for poor Machiavelli too).
Symjym not only makes intelligent comments about B&HA, and looks stunning in his portrait, but also makes intelligent arguments about politics. Check those three points he makes about the neoliberal, war-mongering guy who thinks he's a peace envoy to the Middle East (which is about as good a definition of irony I've come across)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can someone post that YouTube of him at the senate; where he wipes the floor with them. Whether you like him or not that was class.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I haven't seen Galloway's film, nor do I intend to watch it, but note that all those negative comments thus far haven't actually dealt with the argument and have, instead, decided to attack the man (life's a bit like that for poor Machiavelli too).
Symjym not only makes intelligent comments about B&HA, and looks stunning in his portrait, but also makes intelligent arguments about politics. Check those three points he makes about the neoliberal, war-mongering guy who thinks he's a peace envoy to the Middle East (which is about as good a definition of irony I've come across)

I like SymJym but I believe the thread title is "The film that will put Tony Blair in Prison". No, it's not. Why? Because Galloway is not taken seriously in politics. Now, what was the other issue you feel we should be dealing with?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tony Blair WAS a good PM. Lost his way but when he was on form, one of the best we've seen.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like SymJym but I believe the thread title is "The film that will put Tony Blair in Prison". No, it's not. Why? Because Galloway is not taken seriously in politics. Now, what was the other issue you feel we should be dealing with?

Nibble, I was hoping that you would nibble at one of the three points that Symjym makes, but you've studiously avoided in doing so thus far. You're around, so try one or, better, all three. I disagree with you about Blair as PM -- and I can expand on that if you want -- and don't think we've had a decent PM since either Wilson or MacMillan.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
tell that to 500,000 dead Iraqi children. Pr1ck.

If it wasn't him it would have been Saddam, if it wasn't him if would have been the Iranians, if it wasn't them it would have been the Shia's or the Sunni's.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here