• Do I go to the game?

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Do I wait at home?

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Our first baby is due on Tuesday and there is still no sign of movement, the simple question is do I go to the Barnsley Game or do I just sit waiting at home for anything to happen?

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I'd wait trust me it'll happen at the most inconvenient time, remember aswell you can't get phone signal in the Amex so she will have to phone the club and explain where u sit etc which will be the last thing she will wanna be doing while she's in labour ;-)

Best of luck, hope it all goes well.. We have a 12 week old and he's the best thing that's ever happened to me

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Women are very well geared up to having babies and you will find that you are only required to see the suffering the other half goes through. Besides, first babies are quite often overdue, do your normal routine and worry when the time comes.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Our first baby is due on Tuesday and there is still no sign of movement, the simple question is do I go to the Barnsley Game or do I just sit waiting at home for anything to happen?

You'll always be able to watch the Albion but will never get the experience of a first born again.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
you can't get phone signal in the Amex

Speak for yourself, my signal at The Amex is fine ;)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It' not Tuesdays game you want to worry about, it should be next Saturdays game you need to worry about! good luck :thumbsup:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
stay at home, only a fool would go to the game, if you cant get signal, you'll worry constantly, albion will play barnsley again, you wont see the birth of your first born again

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At the first sign of my wife's contractions I went straight to the pub.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The chances of your wife giving birth, or even needing medical assessment, in the 30-45 mins (?) it will take you to get back from the ground (presuming you live in Brighton as your avatar suggests) are almost zero. As long as she feels nothing untoward when you are due to leave for game, go!

Also I think the majority of first babies are late, a lot very late. Are you going to just sit at home for the 2 weeks after her due date on the off chance? What about your job, surely you will not stop working till she starts labour?

Been there, seen it, don't it. Relax and enjoy the most amazing chapter of your life (and the birth of your first child!).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Talk to your other half and see how she feels about it, or have you already done that and don't like the answer?
See what the situation is on Tuesday. If there is no sign of anything happening 5 minutes before you are due to leave, then maybe you could safely leave her.
Then again, if all is quiet, but she is saying "but I don't like the idea of being by myself", then think again.
My first daughter was born nearly 32 years ago, but I still remember it as if it were yesterday. It does matter.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
There's always another Albion game, there's only ever one first born, you'd never forgive yourself son, not even if it was your 5th....

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Make sure you don't go down the business end while she's giving birth. It's like watching your favourite pub burning down.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'll never forget a message over the tannoy at half time at the Goldstone once, it may even have been that Arsenal cup tie, it was a massive crown anyway, the message went "to 'whoever it was' in the The North Stand, your wife has just given birth to twins" classic.... :ohmy::ohmy:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Ask yourself who needs your support more? The players won't notice you're missing, your wife will. So:

-family comes first,
-there will always be another home match to go and see,
-you can still listen on the radio,
-and come on get real - it's Barnsley for crying out loud!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can guarantee the moment you step foot in the stadium things will start moving. Women are very inconsiderate like that.

Good luck to you both.

:thumbsup:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Ask yourself who needs your support more? The players won't notice you're missing, your wife will. So:

-family comes first,
-there will always be another home match to go and see,
-you can still listen on the radio,
-and come on get real - it's Barnsley for crying out loud!

I have to admit, I voted flippantly 'go to the game', but the above makes far too much sense, so consider the total one less for go and one more for wait at home.

Staying at home and listening on the radio may seem a pain in the proverbial if nothing happens babywise, but if something does kick off, you may never forgive yourself!

Oh, and best of luck! Another Albion fan in the world is always cracking news :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it means you'll leave the game at 75mins I will give you BUCKETS of abuse.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here