[Official Site] Jones Praises Defensive Qualities

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
jones-l229-1080976_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:07 29th November 2013
by Ben Soro-Perez
Nathan Jones has praised Albion’s back-to-back clean sheets ahead of the trip to Bournemouth tomorrow.The Seagulls managed shut-outs in the wins against Blackburn and Wigan, and the Albion assistant head coach is hoping for more of the same as the side look for their fourth successive victory.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We like to keep clean sheets because it gives you opportunities to win games.
“At the beginning of the season we were having to try and score two or three to get something out of the game, but it hasn’t been like that lately and long may it continue.
“We work hard as a team – all credit to Tomasz Kuszczak and the back four – but we work hard as a team and that starts from the wide areas up top.
“It’s what makes it a team performance.”
Jones, however, is not expecting an easy ride against the Cherries, a team he watched on a number of occasions as they won promotion to the Championship last season.
“I watched them last year when they were in League One and I kind of knew they were going to come up. They may have had the best players but they were structured and it’ll be a difficult game.
“They’re a good side with some dangerous players and they’re a settled squad, so we won’t underestimate them and I doubt they will underestimate us.”
Albion will certainly go into the game full of confidence following recent results and Jones admits that the players coming back from injury have helped in that respect.
“The best thing about it is we’ve got some real competition in the squad now.
“Training has been better and we’re in a bit of good form, but now we’ve got that bit of competition we’ve been striving for.
“We’ve had people come in and play well and that’s what we rely on the whole squad for.
“It’s credit to the players really. We’ve got a good group of professionals here and those that have come in have all risen to the challenge.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here