Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's book officially not stocked at the club shop.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where does it say it's officially banned?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In what way is it banned? Will we be searched on entry and have copies confiscated? Will there be a Farenheit 451 style event outside the West Stand?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Having read it can't see why. Directors disagree with certain interpretation of events apparently. WOW. Overreaction. Let's all get back to supporting the Albion...

If you want everybody to get back to supporting the Albion then why start a thread that's likely to split supporters in opinion?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So is it banned or have the club simply elected not to retail it?

I assume if it is banned, the club will be adding it to the list of prohibited items detailed within the ground regulations.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So is it banned or have the club simply elected not to retail it?

I assume if it is banned, the club will be adding it to the list of prohibited items detailed within the ground regulations.

Likely this. Not much point in stocking it now anyway as it is widely available at other retailers for probably a much lower price than the club would sell it at.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dick's book officially banned by the club

What a load of nonsense. 'Banned' by the club? Does that mean alpaca skins are banned by the club as well because the shop doesn't stock them?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a load of nonsense. 'Banned' by the club? Does that mean alpaca skins are banned by the club as well because the shop doesn't stock them?

Yes. Yes they are.

By the same reckoning, Dick's book is BANNED by Pets at Home, and Starbucks, too.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So can I expect to be EJECTED if caught with a copy in my bag at the next home match? ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps we need a list of items banned from the club shop. Certainly, it would be handy to know in the run up to Christmas. One wouldn't want a wasted journey to Falmer with Christmas fast approaching.

Commander has started us off with alpaca skins.

Apparently they have also banned pots of tiger balm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you want everybody to get back to supporting the Albion then why start a thread that's likely to split supporters in opinion?

? Does having a divided view on a book stop you supporting the Albion?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They're not on the list of suitable clothing for the 1901 so yes it does...partially.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, similarly on buses, trains, B&Q, Lidl, Aldi, Waitrose, Next and Debenhams as none of them stock it either - so it must be banned.

Now it makes sense why I got all those SHIFTY looks from people on the train on the way to Wigan!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here