[Official Site] Crofts: Goals are a Bonus

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
crofts-l229-1192034_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
13:55 28th November 2013
by Adam Tighe
I go into every game showing people that I want to win and it is a bonus scoring goals"
Andrew Crofts
Albion top scorer Andrew Crofts says scoring goals is secondary to working hard for the team.The midfielder grabbed his fifth of the season against Wigan last week to top the Albion scoring charts but admits the goals have been an added bonus.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The only target I set myself is to work hard and do everything I can for the team. If you are doing that then all the other stuff normally comes with it. I go into every game showing people that I want to win and it is a bonus scoring goals.
“I am enjoying it every day and I want to work as hard as I can. Obviously our form is really good and the team is doing well and picking up points, we are all pulling in the same direction because we want to achieve something.
“I am in good form but I have played over 400 games so there are always patches where you have good spells and bad ones, but I like to consider myself as a consistent player.
“I am just loving my football and I want to take my hard work from the training ground into games and hopefully keep producing good performances.
“If people who are watching me think ‘that lad is giving it his all’ then that is the main thing for me.”
crofts-l229-999245.jpg

Albion are now two points off the top six, but Crofts has dismissed any talk of a promotion push.
“It is too early to talk about promotion, we have played 16 games and we have 30 left so there is a lot of football still to be played. The more wins you get under your belt then the quicker you climb up that table, and obviously we have being doing that of late so we want to keep that momentum going.
“Winning games creates momentum and a buzz within the boys that can take you a long way.”
Buy the Christmas Trio before 3rd December. A three-match package covers the December home games against Barnsley, Leicester City and Huddersfield Town. From £64.50 for adults, £50 for seniors and from just £11.50 for children. Click here for more information.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here