Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stunning new novel needs our support - football related

spotty van

Nov 25, 2013
Hi everyone

Football related subject in need of your support.......

A few of us are helping to spread the word regarding a new novel

The authors are football fan’s and do describe their love of the game in their book

In a recent interview they described football fans as a family related by passion and for 90 minutes regardless of the colours pinned to their heart, are a community as one.

We thought that maybe our community would help support the book as each time one of us read it, we become part of a promise – to discover what that promise is we have to read the novel - it really is a must read. [Honest]

[See promo-lit below]

Stunning new Novel - “Bright Lights Dark Days” by T.G. Gayner

Bright Lights Dark Days is an extraordinary true story about 4 lads who dream of becoming famous in a rock band – you join them on a nostalgic journey back in time to the 1970’s, full of humour, sometimes sad, but never dull this is a truly fascinating tale that will appeal to everyone.

You follow events through the eyes of Gary G [one part of the T.G.] as he explains in great detail a series of events, each chapter is part of a jig-saw that eventually reveals the reason for telling his story.

SYNOPSIS
In the cold light of day a solemn vow is made, with its origins firmly rooted way back in the 1970's and centred around four lads with a pocket full of dreams and a lust for fame and fortune. Harbouring a desire to escape the monotony of factory life they embark on a roller coaster ride to stardom. Under the spell of a hypnotic and enigmatic manager "Barry Sullivan", they step straight into the bright lights of celebrity, transforming their lives forever. They cross paths with Shirley Bassey, Freddie Mercury and Paul McCartney - to name but a few. T.V., radio and national press exposure become the norm, momentarily making them household names. Thunder clouds begin gathering on their horizon bringing a series of tempestuous and turbulent events ultimately leading to a pledge lost in the annals of time being realised. This extraordinary true story takes us full circle, exploring the gritty world of wanna be pop stars, leaving no stone unturned. A plethora of wonderful characters bring the story to life. Bright Lights Dark Days is a beautiful, moving and humorous tale that will stay with you long after the final chapter - charmingly British and simply stunning.

Wonderful observations paint a nostalgic landscape in which we return to our youth and dare to believe that dreams do come true. Armed only with the naivety of youth, we follow the bright lights of ambition before the ghosts of the past come back to haunt us on the darkest of days. Anthony Davies BBC

Amazon and Waterstones sold out of stock several times on its initial release. [Now back in stock]

Bright Lights Dark Days is being touted as a success with 3 TV/Film production companies understood to be negotiating for the film rights!!

AVAILABLE NOW FROM AMAZON WATERSTONES AND ALL GOOD BOOK STORES

Thanks for your time and hope that you can help spread the word –you can post me if anyone needs more info

I hope you have a good remaining season!!

Spotty.

**Google: tg gayner or bright lights dark days

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
AVAILABLE NOW FROM AMAZON WATERSTONES AND ALL GOOD BOOK STORES

is it stocked in the rubbish ones too?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's a big no from me. Just because most of us on here are avid readers doesn't mean we buy any old X Factor crap. I'm just off out to buy some Spam.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One post and it's an advert, JOG ON.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Has Bozza given this spammer the ok?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not sure I would have called one of my characters Gary G. Who are the other band members? Ian W perhaps? Jimmy S?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here