Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bodie from The Professionals has died

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Lewis Collins,another part of my childhood gone.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great actor, RIP

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
That's sad, I used to like that program.
I remember him also being in a comedy series, I think he played the part of a rich bloke, who owned a house and rented out the rooms.
Can't remember what it was called but I remember a rather attractive dark haired actress was also in it, along with a tall fair haired chap who ended up in Eastenders.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I remember him also being in a comedy series, I think he played the part of a rich bloke, who owned a house and rented out the rooms.
Can't remember what it was called but I remember a rather attractive dark haired actress was also in it, along with a tall fair haired chap who ended up in Eastenders.

The Cuckoo Waltz with Diane Keen. RIP Lewis.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

4e242d82.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
67 is quite young. Cancer ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sad indeed,

"Anarchy, acts of terror, crimes against the public. To combat it I've got special men - experts from the army, the police, from every service - these are The Professionals. "

Reckon they were ahead of their time

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rather sad reflection of the way in which their career success diverged that the beeb have used a photo of Martin Shaw to head an article on Lewis Collins' death.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Professionals star Lewis Collins has died aged 67, his agent said.

The actor, who played Bodie in the crime drama alongside co-star Martin Shaw, died in Los Angeles yesterday after a five-year struggle with cancer.

His agent said: " He died peacefully at his LA home surrounded by his family. Privacy is asked for at this very sad time."

The Professionals, which made stars of Collins and Shaw, was based around the adventures of a fictional crime fighting unit called CI5.

Its memorable theme tune and action-packed plots made it a huge hit on ITV in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Collins's other most notable role came in 1982's Who Dares Wins, when he played a member of the SAS.

He was born on Merseyside and worked as a drummer in local bands and as a hairdresser before getting into acting.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Best Bond style actor never to play Bond.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I loved the Professionals when I was a kid. Used to roll around the playground pretending to be Bodie and Doyle. RIP Lewis, sad day :(
This. "four-five, four-five" ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here