Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Karaoke

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No. No. This is not an invite or a suggestion that we should all get together as, frankly, I couldn't think of anything worse.

All I want to know is what would be YOUR Karaoke song choice.

I've only done it once and I was 10 in Blackpool. I sung "You can't hurry love".

I imagine you have to balance COMEDY, with actual SINGABILITY and CROWD INTERACTION when making your choice. Not neccesarily your favourite song and certainly not a song with a huge solo as you would be stood there like a LEMON.

So what would you choose and WHY?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think I'd want some emotion.

Meatloaf - 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Me "I want you"
Crowd "I want you"
Me: I NEED you
Crowd "I need you"
Me: But there aint no way I'm ever gonna LOOOVE you. Now don't be sad
Crowd: "Dont be sad cos"
Me "Cos two out of three, aint bad"

I'm welling up even thinking about it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Long ago I did Radio Ga Ga at an office do on the pier and had everyone doing the "clap clap" bit in the chorus like the video. Friends told me it was pretty good, but never been able to repeat it.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Dizzy - with my brothers - never fails!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would never, under any circumstances, do an 'open' karaoke in a pub or club. However, during my time in Tokyo I found, thanks to being led astray by @Toronto Seagull, that I quite enjoyed singing in the booths and closed, private rooms of Naka Meguro. Mainly this was because the local bars were hideously expensive, whereas karaoke offered all you can drink hours for a fiver. The owners regarded our imminent arrival with sheer terror. Your average Japanese can get through about a pint and a half of weak beer before collapsing. We could get through several pints of Gin and Tonic. Their profit margin on us was zero.

Over the weeks I murdered everything from Elvis to the Stone Roses while the others "performed" well known classics from Macarthur Park to Sweet Child O Mine. The only constant was the ever present very, very large gin.

We knew we'd gone too far when a colleague's new girlfriend came to visit him from Cairns in Oz. An hour of "singing" broke her. She fell in to a cab through its automated back door then immediately back out again. There she joined the salarymen depositing the nights drinks in to the main drag. We were barely touched.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I hadn't sung or played an instrument for 25 years.
We went to a Karaoke restaurant with friends for a birthday.
The place was packed and after a few they all got up and had a go.
So I felt obliged to do so myself.
I had had a couple but was still ok, I went on stage and sung 'One' by U2, as my wife likes it a lot.
I really went for it with the ending and all.
When I had finished the place went silent and I thought, it's been a long time and must have been bad.
Then everyone stood up and went bonkers, which really shocked me.
As I walked back to the table our friends asked the wife why she did not tell them that I could sing.
To which she replied that she did not know either.
Since then I have picked up the saxophones and clarinet again, along with singing and have formed a band.
After practicing and building up a large song list over the last couple of years, we are now out gigging and getting paid for having a great time.
My biggest regret in life, is that when I started my business, I stopped playing etc. as I had no time.
If I had my time again, things would be very different as I'm really enjoying it.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not my favourite but my sig tune is 'angels' Robbie

I'd rather sing older stuff given the choice but I'll have a go at almost anything.

Do love a sing song me! :)

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
When i was younger i done a talent show in Chichester on their Lakeside holiday village and came 2nd with singing Eamon's - I dont want you back (without the swearing obviously haha)

Last time i did karaoke in a public place i done "The Worlds Greatest" by R Kelly

theses days i would have to be really drunk before i do it haha

Another who wouldn't do it in front of a packed pub of strangers.

Had a laugh with my mates at a small pub in Magaluf in summer of 2012. Essentially 15 of us there, ten euros each for two hours of as many drinks as we liked whilst we played pool, darts and sung kareoke. As our holiday was planned around watching Englands Euro group matches there were a bunch of us who did Three Lions, whilst I also did World In Motion and This Charming Man with another mate.

Few months later for my 21st went to Lucky Voice in Brighton for an hour or so which was quality, and will probably go there again sometime at Christmas with some mates.

Delilah is what I'm most likely sing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here