Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disneyland Paris

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Code:

Guys and girls of NSC.Mrs Dalos and I are taking our 3 yr old to Disneyland Paris on Monday.There always seems to be better travel advice ion here than actual travel websites, so I'm asking for any tips. Any must do's, any donts etc

Cheers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Many years ago, we did a euro tunnel train to Calais and drove to Marne de valley. Very easy journey. We stayed at the Newport bay hotel and the cheyanne.....the NBH was a far nicer hotel! but both comfortable. Eat at festival Disney ...billy bobs ranch house sold really good cowboy food...steaks jacket pots etc.

There are some nice things for 3 year olds, but I would avoid the Pinocchio ride...it scared my kids ...the dragon underneath the magical castle is worth seeing!

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Many years ago, we did a euro tunnel train to Calais and drove to Marne de valley. Very easy journey. We stayed at the Newport bay hotel and the cheyanne.....the NBH was a far nicer hotel! but both comfortable. Eat at festival Disney ...billy bobs ranch house sold really good cowboy food...steaks jacket pots etc.

There are some nice things for 3 year olds, but I would avoid the Pinocchio ride...it scared my kids ...the dragon underneath the magical castle is worth seeing!

Ok thanks, we will perhaps leave the Pinocchio ride if we do fancy it to the last day so he's not put off everything.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I got the train from Brighton to Ashford international, then the Eurostar straight to the train station in Disneyland, it was nice and easy + stress free, however I think you may of left it to late to buy tickets or they will be sky high.

Also don't know if anything else is in this thread that may be useful.... 1 thing I will say is the turtle ride (finding nemo) is one of the best rides for all ages!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?226143-Disneyland-Paris-Hotels

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I am a Disney Paris expert having been approx 15 times.
How are you getting there? What hotel? How long etc? And then we can give advice specific to your trip. Is your 3 year old a boy or girl because again that will change the advice.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Went with our kids 5 or 6 years ago, stayed in one of the disney hotels, the room was tiny, and the hotel rather scruffy, with buffet that felt like rush hour in Rome. The parks themselves are good and will be much quieter midweek off season. Everything in and around the parks is incredibly expensive, so take as much of your own food and drink as you can. The restaurants food is pretty awful though sort of fun in a kitsch kind of a way.
When we left was surprised the disney staff didn't shake us upside down by our ankles to make sure they'd got every last cent from us.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Went with our kids 5 or 6 years ago, stayed in one of the disney hotels, the room was tiny, and the hotel rather scruffy, with buffet that felt like rush hour in Rome. The parks themselves are good and will be much quieter midweek off season. Everything in and around the parks is incredibly expensive, so take as much of your own food and drink as you can. The restaurants food is pretty awful though sort of fun in a kitsch kind of a way.
When we left was surprised the disney staff didn't shake us upside down by our ankles to make sure they'd got every last cent from us.

Not as easy as it use to be as some of the guards now take it off you when searching your bags!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few tips from our visits:

- The shop at the railway station, which is situated between the parks and the Disney village, is significantly cheaper than Disney prices for all snacks and drinks you're likely to want. Make use of it.

- The parks are REALLY quiet in the last hour or two before closing and you'll be able to walk on almost everything. If your little one can cope with the later night, then use it. Might also work if you and your other half want to hit some of the bigger rides, but taking turns if your little one is asleep in a pushchair.

- There's none of the polite queuing and taking turns for character photos and signings - you have to be pushy. So, be very un-British, stick your elbows out and get your little one to the front. If you wait you'll never get that shot with Mickey that you want.

- Toy Story Playland in The Studios will be great for your little one.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I am a Disney Paris expert having been approx 15 times.
How are you getting there? What hotel? How long etc? And then we can give advice specific to your trip. Is your 3 year old a boy or girl because again that will change the advice.

Train from Ebsfleet direct,staying at New York for 3 nights, 3 year old(nearly 4) is a boy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have often thought about taking the young grandchildren but am put off by the thought of the bad weather, which is one of the plus points of Florida. Does the South of France, but probably down to financial economics and possibly given the land by the French Government.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I have often thought about taking the young grandchildren but am put off by the thought of the bad weather, which is one of the plus points of Florida. Does the South of France, but probably down to financial economics and possibly given the land by the French Government.

Most of the rides are inside and most queues are covered, not much of a big deal really if you take a waterproof coat + chances are it will be really quiet because not many locals will be there.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A few tips from our visits:

- The parks are REALLY quiet in the last hour or two before closing and you'll be able to walk on almost everything. If your little one can cope with the later night, then use it. Might also work if you and your other half want to hit some of the bigger rides, but taking turns if your little one is asleep in a pushchair.

- There's none of the polite queuing and taking turns for character photos and signings - you have to be pushy. So, be very un-British, stick your elbows out and get your little one to the front. If you wait you'll never get that shot with Mickey that you want.

- Toy Story Playland in The Studios will be great for your little one.

Don't they do the baby swap anymore? You have one person queue, then the other waits at the exit and you swap over without the second one queuing.

Pushy, I saw a bloody frog pushing a disabled kid in a wheelchair out of the way!

I did Euro Disney one Xmas and had Xmas day dinner in the New York, it was superb!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Train from Ebsfleet direct,staying at New York for 3 nights, 3 year old(nearly 4) is a boy

We did exactly the same. Great hotel, part of our deal was you can have brekkie with characters, thoroughly worth it seeing the kids faces.
You also get to go into the park early so we used this opportunity to go on the more popular rides (Toy Story etc)
Also agree with Bozza, late in the day gets quiet, we went in and spent about 5 hours, came back for a couple of hours to the hotel (small nap for all) and headed back out.
Everything is expensive, but the smile on their face is priceless.

Have a great time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you want the character autographs you will need the offical Disney autograph book otherwise your kids will be expertly ignored by Pluto etc

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Wrap up warm. It gets bloody cold there at this time of the year. The area is very flat and therefore quite open to the elements. We spent Christmas Day there a few years back and it was fffffffffffreeeeeeezzzzzzzing!
It wasn't a good experience on that occasion. We have been a few times at various times of year. It should be quiet but the cold weather is the main reason for this.

Stumpy Tim

Another vote for New York hotel here. Very good room, good service. The best thing we did was go to the Auberge De Cendrillon restaurant on the park itself. You would need to book in advance. They bring out three Disney Princesses, mice etc and come and speak to the kids in character, sign autographs, have photo's etc. Both my daughter and son (5 and 2.5) loved it

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
We did exactly the same. Great hotel, part of our deal was you can have brekkie with characters, thoroughly worth it seeing the kids faces.
You also get to go into the park early so we used this opportunity to go on the more popular rides (Toy Story etc)
Also agree with Bozza, late in the day gets quiet, we went in and spent about 5 hours, came back for a couple of hours to the hotel (small nap for all) and headed back out.
Everything is expensive, but the smile on their face is priceless.

Have a great time.

Thats sound advice, especially the bit about coming back to the hotel for a break.

cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here