Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forty years ago today

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Albion 0 Walton and Hersham 4 FACup First Round Replay.

I hate to think what would have happened had NSC been around then.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Oh dear, was there mate...total disaster...would have been NSC meltdown od awesome proportion

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Absolute meltdown...remember it well..same time as the 2-8 result against Bristol Rovers and Brian Clough etc.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The energy crisis meant they couldn't guarantee floodlights would work.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wasn't a fan then and had only heard of brighton as they had been dicked by Bristol rovers 8-2.

Thought at the time what a shit side they must have been....not knowing I would end up them being my second team for over 30 odd years.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Wednesday 28th November 1973.

We can do it all again on 1st December...40 years since the 2-8 Bristol Rovers result...two crushing defeats in three days...

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I seem to remember Gwylan and I getting off PE at school, walking across to the Goldstone and watching it. Match summary- we weren't very good. Mid afternoon kick off due to electrical issues assoicate dwiht the energy crisis as seem to recall.

Oh the memories.

TNBA

TTF

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I seem to remember Gwylan and I getting off PE at school, walking across to the Goldstone and watching it. Match summary- we weren't very good. Mid afternoon kick off due to electrical issues assoicate dwiht the energy crisis as seem to recall.

Oh the memories.

TNBA

TTF

Not me. I stayed at school for that one, I remember you going though and how pissed off you were the next day. How little we knew what was to come a few days later (but I missed that too, I was working at my Saturday job). Until 1997, this was probably my worst week as a Brighton supporter.

What made worst is that TTF and I went on one of the educational cruises a week later and had to endure a lot of grief from fellow travellers when they found we were Brighton fans

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Wednesday 28th November 1973.

We can do it all again on 1st December...40 years since the 2-8 Bristol Rovers result...two crushing defeats in three days...

And I was at both of them. Not a good week to be an Albion fan.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Anyone else go missing from West tarring school that afternoon ?, to be greeted by the unhappy headmaster the next day at assembly ' will the boys who absconded from school yesterday afternoon to watch a football match, please stand' to which about 200 stood up, he did not know what to do,I think we got punished but can't remember the details......anyone else remember ?

Anyone else go missing from West tarring school that afternoon ?, to be greeted by the unhappy headmaster the next day at assembly ' will the boys who absconded from school yesterday afternoon to watch a football match, please stand' to which about 200 stood up, he did not know what to do,I think we got punished but can't remember the details......anyone else remember ?

Perhaps he was a forgiving man and thought the result punishment enough!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here