Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've had enough of Gary Barlow

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Shame the taxman hasn't had enough of Gary Barlow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I know exactly where you are coming from, Heart have got "Robbie" R2 have now got "Gary"
My 15 year old son said "this blokes such a bellend" when Barlow was on TV the other day, my Mrs was not impressed but I was :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah i'd like his face temporarily smashed in. I never watch The One Show, but the girlfriend disapproved of news briefly, so over we turned and which ubiquitous bellend do i find watching a clip of himself on two other upcoming programmes other than X-Factor? That's right readers, BARLOW. He spoke of his time in Afghanistan and an absolutely cracking hour he had with the troops helping them form a band. I wondered which one of the 5 soldiers he chose could just about sing whilst being surrounded by a lispy little camp one who probably works in the kitchen or cleans cockpits, one with a surgically-raised eyebrow and an opiate-infused hatred for the lead singer, and two giant war-scarred mutes who sometimes do a "windmill" and otherwise just keep quiet uglily in the corner. An hour, i thought. What generosity Barlow has to give up such an amount of time to really entrap some innocent war heroes into warbling his characterless shallow tripe.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

:cheery:

:lolol:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
What a jealous and vindictive thread by people who would love to have 0.1% of Gary's talent, or a morsel of the love he receives from the British public in their own lives. The man is a legend. He is the outstanding artist of our generation and we are blessed each time he appears on our screens or airwaves. It stands to reason that he will be in the public eye a lot at the moment, as his album was released on Monday. He'd be a fool not to get himself in the limelight this week. For what it's worth, I've listened to the album 16 times through since I purchased it yesterday and I genuinely believe it could be the album of my life. WHAT A RECORD. It's packed with the type of tunes that are simply signature Gary. I implore each and every one of you to part with £9, if not for yourself then for the most wonderful Christmas present you can give this year. It doesn't matter whether you're up or down, Gary's voice is the one that will get you through the day.

What a strange reaction. I would hardly call this thread jealous and vindictive. You clearly like him and that's fair enough but can't others express a dislike?
In my own view he's clearly talented but I don't particularly like his music. But having just witnessed him whoreing himself with the meerkats on coronation street, my opinion of him has dropped somewhat

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

I hope you're not being serious.

16 times! Thats brilliant.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
You're entitled not to like his music, although I really feel for you as there must be a considerable hole in your life devoid of the joy those of us in the GBArmy feel. However, to criticise a man for being in the spotlight during the week he releases his first solo album in 14 years is rather foolish. He's not someone who hogs the media at other times. He's a true class act, he doesn't need to. He knows his music does the talking so he doesn't have to go hunting for headlines.

A considerable hole in my life devoid of the joy those of us in the GBarmy feel?
I'm trying to be polite here but please tell me your not being genuine

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A considerable hole in my life devoid of the joy those of us in the GBarmy feel?
I'm trying to be polite here but please tell me your not being genuine

I wonder who would play the 12 year old girl in this bodyswap comedy. I can see the slightly decrepit Corey Feldmann in the adult male body role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here