Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent news then as Oscar moves up a place in longest serving manager list

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tony Pulis must be kicking himself for not waiting a couple more days...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought he was doing a good job. He'll find a new club, I rate him.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Must be Portsmouth then. He has not put a foot wrong at Crawley and being ex Brighton I wish him well.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Can understand him wanting to trade in Crawley for Portsmouth.

Portsmouth should be doing much better than they are with the squad they have while Crawley will find it difficult to go any higher than they are now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The announcement from Crawley presents it as a sacking though -- contract terminated.

I haven't seen the annoucement, but that would be curious, being as they would presumably be entitled to compensation from Pompey if he was still under contract.

The timing of it would seem to fit with the Pompey job though.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I haven't seen the annoucement, but that would be curious, being as they would presumably be entitled to compensation from Pompey if he was still under contract.

The timing of it would seem to fit with the Pompey job though.

Richie Barker leaves Crawley Town
Wed 27 Nov 2013
Author: @crawleytown

Club statement

Crawley Town Football Club can confirm that it has terminated the contract of First Team manager Richie Barker with immediate effect.

The club will make an announcement as soon as possible on who will look after team affairs in the interim period and we ask our supporters to have patience while the process of finding a new manager is undertaken.

The club will not be making any further comment at this stage.​

Read more at http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/richie-barker-leaves-541925.aspx

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Apparently hasn't won a game in 9 and talk of selling some of their better players in January probably didn't help. Still a crazy decision though. They've got to learn to walk before they run. I thought they were doing ok considering their revenue can't be great with the low crowds they get.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He didn't exactly sound like he wanted to stay at Crawley when asked about the Pompey job. I wish him nothing but good luck in his career but I wonder if Portsmouth is really a good move for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here