Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Miles Travelled supporting the Albion.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Just wondering how much travelling people do supporting the Albion, home and away.
Not a "i'm a better fan than you" thread. Just interested.
I imagine some random figures being thrown up by our foreign based seagulls! :clap2:

My figure for 2013 calendar year (inc the games i'll attend between now and 31/12/13) is: 7941.2 Miles

{before anyone asks - I had a free afternoon and decided to work it out!}

:bhasign:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Assuming I travel 2 miles each way per home game I think I did 44 miles last season plus Charlton away which is about 55 miles each way.

So a WHOPPING 154 miles.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
370 mile round trip for me, but I'm only there once a month.

:(

blazey59

Oct 20, 2011
Chesterfield
Hi I live in Chesterfield and each home game (season ticket holder east upper) is a 475 mile round trip, I think with the away games last year was just over 15000, with the away games

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I travelled from Portugal for one game, which is 1300 odd miles. But I reckon 2000 overall including that one from Portugal last season going to Birmingham, Derby, Charlton, Palace and Sheffield Wednesday. :lolol:

Must be Cadiz Seagull, isn't he an STH and travels from Extremadura in Spain?

Yes I have a season ticket and it's 2,490 miles round trip to the Amex. Shame that's outside the free travel area.

Mind you, I don't go to every game (but I''ll be at Bournemouth, Barnsley and Leicester :) )

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Does anyone remember the chant of ' there's only one Harry clipper ' on the train travelling to away matches? I still call the ticket inspectors Harry clipper to this day now my sons do the same fun times.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
When I first had my season ticket I was living in Calgary, so a round trip of about 9000 miles. Of course I only made it to a few games each season.
Now I live in Dublin which is much more reasonable !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
around 15K per season - two thirds of that is home games - might be up around 17K this season if I make all the games I plan to.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Around a mile to the Amex from my gaff and not going to away games makes a whopping 46 miles per season for me (assuming I make all home games and don't go to any cup games)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
180.4 miles round trip. Shinfield Reading to Brighton,

Makes 4140 miles at least as I go to every home game. Also some away ones as well.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
280 mile round trip from Cheltenham for home games - and I've done 4 away's this year so far - guessing it's at least 2000 so far

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
136 mile round trip for every home game, plus a few aways. Roughly 4,500 I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here