Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Bet Championship Crowds: Albion pip Leeds, Derby, Forest & Foxes

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Leeds leeds leeds, Brighton, Leicester, Forrest and Derby are all competing without these parachute mayments too.

Something tells me he is a Leeds fan. :shootself

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
30,000 + vs boro wasn't it 33,000+ vs the Albion. I may be wrong, but if i'm right he needs to re write that load of old northern tripe.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Leeds fans have incredibly short memories, that's why the article keeps mentioning them. It's also the reason they have to keep singing "we are Leeds" to stop themselves forgetting who they support.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
30,000 + vs boro wasn't it 33,000+ vs the Albion. I may be wrong, but if i'm right he needs to re write that load of old northern tripe.

I thought it was 33k against us as well.

Reckon we'll get a large crowd for the Leicester game. The offers and marketing for the last few home games have been fine, but nothing gets bums on seats (home and away fans) like a good run of results.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I know we're not supposed to get all excited abouut attendances but I do like looking at stats like that.

We take it for granted these days that we get so many people to home games but when you see the clubs below us in the attendance table it's pretty impressive.

More than anything it makes you want to say "well done" to everyone who believed in the Falmer project, both within the club and on the outside, including fans. I remember reading all kinds of stuff about there only being 5,000 true fans, how the stadium would be three quarters empty, and then later that the numbers would fall away if we didn't get into the Premiership. To be honest, a lot of it sounded plausible.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Also shows them to be a fickle bunch of glory hunters as they only get more the further up the league they go. Where we get the same and are consistent regardless of league position. I think ours goes up and down due to the away following.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Pretty sure parachute payments only last 3 years.

God knows what the writing '25,000' then 'thirty thousand' is all about.

"The Whites still have to compete against the unfairness of that parachute payment handicap", so do Brighton, Derby, Forest, Leicester and Wednesday you ****. AND how is it "unfairness"? ****ing ignorant tosser. Shit writer, shit views.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The impressive thing about our numbers are that the standard deviation is so small.

We don't even have a ground big enough to reach 33,000 as Leeds managed, but then again we don't get shit gates just because we're not doing so well. Obviously that is because we have so many STHs and it also true to say the announced gate is not always a true attendance figure, but Leeds have had an announced gate of 21,000, considerably lower than our lowest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why the hell has he used a picture of Liverpool fans in the article. The only good thing about this article is the league table.

the rest is just a load of bollocks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fecking moaning Northerner, you'd think he'd just be pleased his team was doing better than normal this season. WE are the attendance willy wavers of the division....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a twonk , a Leeds fan who forgets that the biggest crowd this season at Elland Road was against us. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a shit Leeds-obsessed article. Christ, does EVERYTHING have to be compared to Leeds ?? They're just another Championship club, have been for donkeys, and will continue to be so for the forseeable.

As an aside, all the while the Amex was being planned/built, I seem to recall the required break-even figure for crowds being quoted by the club as needing to be in the region of 12,000. We've almost tripled that, yet we're still a long, long, long way from breaking even.

I suppose the club was basing it on a Gus-less L1 wagebill at the time. The numbers were certainly WAY out though.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The key fact missed is that our lowest crowd is bigger than anyone else's average. On that basis, there is no evidence that we will be 'pipped' by T' MIGHTY WHITES WACCOE!!! or anyone else.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here