Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Windows 8 for Dummies free ebook***

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
As soon as you download Classic Shell you can just use it as normal windows rather than the abomination that it tries to be

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
As soon as you download Classic Shell you can just use it as normal windows rather than the abomination that it tries to be

Once you get used to it, it is not that bad. But I do agree that the older ones were easier to use, also it helps to turns off the mouse swiping(or whatever it is called) as you can be doing one thing and accidentally end up on something else.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
does anyone know if there is a freebie download of VISIO tutorials anywhere? i know I am a cheapskate and will if have to get a book, but if there are on line documents out there, that would be great.

actually i have just found one on Microsoft OFFICE page.

sorry

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
If you still need some let me know and I will put up some links

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I don't see why people hate it so much. I upgraded from Windows 7 (got an upgrade offer for 10 pounds with the laptop) and yes it is quite different, but once you stop resisting the changes and embrace them I think it works a lot better.

E.g. at first I didn't use any of the programs which open in the full-screen start bar, but once I tried them some of the default ones are actually quite good (the photo viewer, music player, e-mail viewer especially). You can also pin them to the left- or right-quarter of the screen and still have a "fullscreen" desktop which is pretty handy for my radio app.

If you get 8.1 you can also boot straight to the desktop which is pretty handy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here