Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton travel plans

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
As charlton station is closed, how will you be getting there? I seen the coach from The Amex is only £20 but I would rather get the train up!

Jan 21, 2012
Coach for me, all booked. Getting picked up at the Roundstone pub so hopefully it'll be open when we get back for a couple more beers :drink:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You can use public transport to get there, but its an arse.

Hourly service on the trains between Brighton and Three Bridges will connect with a replacement bus to East Grinstead which will connect with a train to London Bridge. Change at London Bridge for the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and change there for local buses.

Or just use the coach, Seagull Travel are running them from all over Sussex for the game too.#

Anyone who plans to use the train/bus/train/tube/bus route is quite frankly mental.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Me, the mrs and our little guy are driving up, but making a night of it up there and trying the winter wonderland at Hyde park the day after.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Coach is really the only option, that's what me and several others are doing. And it's only Charlton, shouldn't take more than 75 minutes. It's not an 8 hour each way to 'Boro and back!!!

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Anyone who plans to use the train/bus/train/tube/bus route is quite frankly mental.

Many moons ago we played Wycombe away on Boxing day and travelled to game by train. This included getting friends mum to take us to Brighton, train to Victoria. Walked to Baker Street tube station and got tube to Rickmansworth before taxi to Wycombe. Made Wycombe before pub had even opened. Long day but it was a laugh.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Many moons ago we played Wycombe away on Boxing day and travelled to game by train. This included getting friends mum to take us to Brighton, train to Victoria. Walked to Baker Street tube station and got tube to Rickmansworth before taxi to Wycombe. Made Wycombe before pub had even opened. Long day but it was a laugh.

How much was the cab from Rickmansworth ?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
As this is probably the closest ground to me I shall be driving, it only took 45 mins last year from home to sitting in my seat. I suspect this year the traffic will be mental, especially around the A2/M25 junction for Bluewater and parking may not be quite so easy.

Mattlavington

May 18, 2012
Storrington
How do you know Charlton station is closed?

Looking at National Rail, I can get the train from Horsham to Victoria, then on to Charing Cross and then on to Charlton. Just over 2 hours in total.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Getting picked up at 8.45 in Hove by Seagull Travel, guessing we will arrive by 11 at the latest? Will there be any pubs open? And not the shithole that is that Antiquarian!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here