Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Predict the 10 Nominees For Sports Personality of Year

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Anyone fancy a guess before tonights announcement. Just a bit of fun!
Much harder than last year cos of Olympics. Here's my effort:-
Andy Murray
Gareth Bale
Justin Rose
AP McCoy
Alastair Cook
Chris Froome
Carl Froch
Laura Robson
Mo Farah
Ben Ainslie

Anyone obvious missing?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Andy Murray
Gareth Bale
Justin Rose
AP McCoy
Alastair Cook
Chris Froome
Carl Froch
Laura Robson
Mo Farah
Ben Ainslie

Anyone obvious missing?

Much harder to do a final short list but not harder to predict the winner. If it's not the tennis playing Sweaty I'll eat a sweaty tennis player.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andy Murray
Gareth Bale
Justin Rose
AP McCoy
Alastair Cook
Chris Froome
Carl Froch
Laura Robson
Mo Farah
Ben Ainslie

Anyone obvious missing?

Harder? Are you mad? Surely Murray is absolutely nailed on?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Should be the most single sided SP for many a year.

If Murray doesn't win then it's a shambles.....not that I'm going to pick up the phone and contribute or anything...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Andy Murray
Gareth Bale
Justin Rose
AP McCoy
Alastair Cook
Chris Froome
Carl Froch
Laura Robson
Mo Farah
Ben Ainslie

Anyone obvious missing?

Can't see Cook being there (Bell might be), not sure about Robson or Rose either. Bale's a possible but he's mainly been in the news for his transfer fee.

After the row a couple of years ago, I can't see there being just one woman on the list. I'd say Laura Trott was a cert, and Christine Ohuruogu and Heather Knight must be up there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't see Cook being there (Bell might be), not sure about Robson or Rose either. Bale's a possible but he's mainly been in the news for his transfer fee.

After the row a couple of years ago, I can't see there being just one woman on the list. I'd say Laura Trott was a cert, and Christine Ohuruogu and Heather Knight must be up there.

Agree with most of that

Why would you not be sure of Rose? Rose has achieved the same as Murray, albeit in a sport that we are not historically shit at.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agree with most of that

Why would you not be sure of Rose? Rose has achieved the same as Murray, albeit in a sport that we are not historically shit at.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not really a golf fan and hadn't noticed that he'd won the US Open. Scrub what I said about him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think all of the following 10 have achieved remarkable things in 2013, and this would be my list:

Andy Murray
Justin Rose
Lee Halfpenny
Chris Froome
AP MCoy
Ian Bell
Ben Ainslie
Phil Taylor
Mo Farah
Gareth Bale

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think all of the following 10 have achieved remarkable things in 2013, and this would be my list:

Andy Murray
Justin Rose
Lee Halfpenny
Chris Froome
AP MCoy
Ian Bell
Ben Ainslie
Phil Taylor
Mo Farah
Gareth Bale

As I said above, there is absolutely no way that it will be an all-male list. There were ructions when that happened a couple of years ago and the organisers said it wouldn't happen again. My guess is that there will be at least three women on it

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Murray will win if not purely for the fact that he won Wimbledon after such a long wait. However Ben Ainslie should be in the top three for what he achieved with the America's Cup

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As I said above, there is absolutely no way that it will be an all-male list. There were ructions when that happened a couple of years ago and the organisers said it wouldn't happen again. My guess is that there will be at least three women on it

I know this is going to sound sexist and I stress that it's not but surely the organizers guaranteeing women a place on the list is unfair? We have great achievements every year from both men and women but hypothetically if all the women were abysmal why should they be guaranteed a place at the expense of deserving men?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All nailed on:
Murray
Froome
Halfpenny
Rose
Ainslie

McCoy if you insist that they're sports people.

Not sure about anyone else. They will have woman in there this year but not sure who apart from maybe Trott

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Of my 10 who are you going to leave out? The Wimbledon winner? The golf Major winner? The British Lions kicking hero? The TdF winner? The 4,000 winners champion jockey for the umpteenth year? The Ashes winning batting hero? The mastermind behind the America's Cup triumph? The 16-time darts world champion in the form of his life aged 53? The simultaneous double Olympic and double world champion distance runner OR the world's most expensive footballer who lit up the Premier League in 2013?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I'd have thought that laura robson would be in as she reached the last 16 of Wimbledon (first time a British female tennis player has done that since 1998) She also reached the top 30 in the rankings, making it to 27th, the first time a British female tennis player has achieved this since 1987.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here