Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blast

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The new name for Twenty20 next year is... NatWest T20 Blast.

No, really.

natwest-t20-blast.jpg

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/county-schedule-2014-announced

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone will still just call it 20-20.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This goes alongside the KAPOW 50 and the BOSH County Championship.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
county championship games starting on Sunday ... good news for me, I normally have Mondays as a day off work and a day on the beer :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kind of ironic really, I have been saying pretty similar to " Blast " whenever I checked our scores in the 20/20 last season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The 60 overs format back in the 70s was known as 'The Nurdle Down to Fine Leg 60'

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Does the 'Blast' imply that they will begin to use explosives in the matches?

Litter the outfield with mines?
One ball per over is actually a grenade?

...thinking about it, i'd happily watch that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A quick skim of the fixtures shows that in addition to the Championship permanently fixed to Sun-Wed, the One Day cup games all appear to be midweek games rendering the first innings a write off for anyone with a job. The only easy access games are championship first day and T20 ye gods.....Blast games on fridays.

Not entirely sure about the merits of a membership now. Everything sacrificed for T20. At the moment I am not happy. I'll go through it in detail later and maybe calm down then.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
An exciting innovative new format to bring T20 into the teenies.

I also note that Warwickshire are now called the Birmingham Bears and Glamorgan could become the Cardiff Gators.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A quick skim of the fixtures shows that in addition to the Championship permanently fixed to Sun-Wed, the One Day cup games all appear to be midweek games rendering the first innings a write off for anyone with a job. The only easy access games are championship first day and T20 ye gods.....Blast games on fridays.

Not entirely sure about the merits of a membership now. Everything sacrificed for T20. At the moment I am not happy. I'll go through it in detail later and maybe calm down then.

Horsham and Arundel must be royally pissed off, they used to rely on having at least a one-day match on a weekend day.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Horsham and Arundel must be royally pissed off, they used to rely on having at least a one-day match on a weekend day.

Actually the have both escaped. Arundel has a sunday T20 and Horsham a sunday one day game, so some sanity there at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here