Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vote on allowing drums/goal music?

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I have been following the Albion through thick and thin since my first game 48 years ago. Nothing has put me off - but this would. One ST not renewed for starters.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It won't happen. Just let it go.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm pretty neutral to goal music to be honest - neither for nor against, and it wouldn't bother me.

But I'm very thankful drums etc. are banned under current ground regulations for the AMEX.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we have goal music, we need clackers and overweight wanabees trying to kick a goal in the halftime interval. We will also need an over zealous **** on the pa system SCREAMING goal scorers names and urging us to get behind the lads in a hysterical voice before the kick off. What's not to like??

Oh and we'll need to find some much more up to date sing along music for the team to run out to. Fecking marching band music indeed :rolleyes:

One more thing we'll be needing a drum AND a bell too, maybe an old ww2 air raid siren as well.

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Nothing says tin pot more than goal music or a band. It's a slippery slope leading to England or Portsmouth levels of irritation. And it's a one way trip with no way back once you are swallowed up by it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes to drums if Luke Cresswell can score them. After all, Stomp! is a Brighton creation. Otherwise no. We'd be sinking to Palace level. What's next? Some clown with a bell?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
OP raises a good point though, NSC accounts for a tiny proportion of the BHA fan base. Just because it's almost universally unpopular on here doesn't mean it's hated by a majority of the club's fans overall.

FWIW, I find goal music and PA-led chanting cringe-worthy, not sure about this whole "tin-pot" malarky though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes to drums if Luke Cresswell can score them. After all, Stomp! is a Brighton creation. Otherwise no. We'd be sinking to Palace level. What's next? Some clown with a bell?

Agree; this is a great STOMP video.

Surprised not to have seen some sort of performance from them at the Amex yet.

I don't mind drums at a game to give a bit of groove and rhythm, but goal music is too American.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Used to be against a drum, because it's not normal/traditional.

But changed my mind, I think.

Building at atmosphere in a large, all-seated stadium is HARD. Anything which helps get fans participating in songs and chants has to be a good thing.

(Really no need for goal music though, obv)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Used to be against a drum, because it's not normal/traditional.

But changed my mind, I think.

Building at atmosphere in a large, all-seated stadium is HARD. Anything which helps get fans participating in songs and chants has to be a good thing.

(Really no need for goal music though, obv)

As long as you are nowhere near WSL and the guy banging said drum sits next to you I guess it may be OK

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Drums are shit Wozza. They give everyone a head ache if they've been drinking.

They are SHIT I tell you.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree; this is a great STOMP video.

Surprised not to have seen some sort of performance from them at the Amex yet.

I don't mind drums at a game to give a bit of groove and rhythm, but goal music is too American.

Now THAT'S catering. I'd be far more likely to buy pies in the WSU if there was that sort of thing going on behind the counters.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here