Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can go into 5th place saturday if we win....

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This isnt necessarily aimed at you but I think people are getting a bit carried away. We are on a good run of form but IMO we are very much work in progress, the result on saturday was great but I think people need to reign in the expectations.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Be typical for us to win away at Wigan and then say lose at Bournemouth......

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
must be that living in Croydon bringing you down........we've just won a few games with our b team, and a win on sky against another south coast team gets us to 5th......if that's not a time to get half excited then what is?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This isnt necessarily aimed at you but I think people are getting a bit carried away. We are on a good run of form but IMO we are very much work in progress, the result on saturday was great but I think people need to reign in the expectations.

I think people are getting excited because we are looking like a top 8 team with our best 3 players OUT. That's very exciting.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nice to see a bit of positivity for a change...there has been enough doom and gloom on here....including some questioning if Oscar was the right man for the job...O ye of little faith...:smile:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

The way we threw the ball about on Saturday, I'd say the work is progressing extremely well.
Roll on the day we get a full squad on the park.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
only 3 ?

Our front 6 is out in my opinion !
Buckley, Ulloa, Lua Lua ... without question my favourite "front three"...

CMS and Orlandi too (but wouldn't all play together)

Who is your other?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The way we threw the ball about on Saturday, I'd say the work is progressing extremely well.
Roll on the day we get a full squad on the park.

The starting eleven could be something special, plus imagine the talent we could have on the bench as well :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It'll be a first half shut out.
Followed by a midfielders goal midway through the second half.
Then the game will be controlled to the finish, with just a couple of mini scares.

It's so boring being an Albion fan :jester:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
only 3 ?

Our front 6 is out in my opinion !

Best 3 players - Bridcutt, Orlandi, Ulloa (barring Kusz)

but yes, Lua Lua and Buckley are also great bonuses. I feel like CMS is an unknown quantity now but can only help as a great option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Buckley, Ulloa, Lua Lua ... without question my favourite "front three"...

CMS and Orlandi too (but wouldn't all play together)

Who is your other?

Why the frack wouldn't you play

---------------------------------------Calderon
KLL------------Ulloa------------Buckley
-------CMS ---------Orlandi-----------

--------------Bridcutt-----------------

Ok so we might have to go 3-0 down after 10 mins, to get it.
But if they were discplined enough to keep the formation, it would be sooooooooooo worth it.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's the latest on the injured players?

Kazenga Lua-Lua - I see that he was tweeting about training / running sessions - I assume on the anti-grav treadmill
Ulloa - not sure- I assume he's on the anti-grav treadmill as well
Orlandi - must be close to a return
Buckley - not sure
CMS - still a while off, but training
Hoskins - no idea

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

But if they were discplined enough to keep the formation, it would be sooooooooooo worth it.
I'd love to watch that and reckon Oscar will be willing to field some attacking front fives given the supremacy of our back six... we have not been used to it over the past couple of years but there might be a much more exciting version of attacking football round the corner... bollocks to our overblown "identity"...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

---------------------------------------Calderon

Bridcutt needs more help than that, he's good but he can't do it ALL. We'd get completely overrun in midfield without a Crofts / Ince in there to help out.

Having all those splendid forwards on the field is all well and good - but you need to get hold of the ball first.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What's the latest on the injured players?

Kazenga Lua-Lua - I see that he was tweeting about training / running sessions - I assume on the anti-grav treadmill
Ulloa - not sure- I assume he's on the anti-grav treadmill as well
Orlandi - must be close to a return
Buckley - not sure
CMS - still a while off, but training
Hoskins - no idea

Lua Lua - 4 weeks I heard
Ulloa - Mid-december according to Oscar recently
Orlandi - Been on bench last two games so hopefully some minutes on Sat if appropriate
Buckley - Also sounded close to a return so within 1-2 weeks
CMS - December, but I reckon January
Hoskins - Who?

Also, Andrews back in next couple of weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bridcutt needs more help than that, he's good but he can't do it ALL. We'd get completely overrun in midfield without a Crofts / Ince in there to help out.

Having all those splendid forwards on the field is all well and good - but you need to get hold of the ball first.
Bollox

They can't score if all they are doing is picking the ball out of their own net.

3 nil down at half time, NSC's users go up by 100 as all the Negative Nerys' come out from under their rocks.
Then BOOM we run out 28 - 3 winners, and it's bounce thread city Arizona.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Thats pretty ridiculous thing to say.

We were 4th last year and like fo rlike this season we are almost matching it with an injury list being the worst in our history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here