Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. Bill Foulkes....

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Class one club professional. I was privileged to see him play in the post Munich season when I was working and living in Manchester.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Class one club professional. I was privileged to see him play in the post Munich season when I was working and living in Manchester.

Any historians out there who would know if he ever played against Brighton. I seem to remember him dropping down and playing for someone like Preston or whoever - like Charlton did - against us. Mind you the memory is fading now so I could be wrong.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Any historians out there who would know if he ever played against Brighton. I seem to remember him dropping down and playing for someone like Preston or whoever - like Charlton did - against us. Mind you the memory is fading now so I could be wrong.

As Boys 9d has said he only ever played for Man U and retired from playing in 1970. The first ever game we played Man U was in 1979

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wooo, that brings back memories. RIP BF.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I recall Bill being a stalwart of their '68 European Cup winning side. Was made Captain after the Munich crash.

Just read a fine obituary of him in The Times that mentions he once played in a European Cup game for Man U after doing a whole day shift as a miner. From an era when centre halves were double hard. A proper footballer - not like the pampered millionaires of today.

RIP.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Bloody typical, if one thing doesn't get you something else will. RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here