Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pulis keep Palace in the Premier League

How likely is it that Pulis will keep Palace up?

• As likely as you finding a heap of rocking horse shit outside your front door tomorrow

Votes: 67 37.0%
  • Quite Unlikely, but just possible the pikey scum will stay up

Votes: 78 43.1%
  • Quite likely

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • Very likely

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Whatever one thinks of the grimy Northern long-ball merchant, he had a good managerial record and has never been relegated. I have a sneaking feeling that he might just keep the scum up, although I hope I'm wrong (obviously).

So reassure me NSC, how likely is it that the dinosaur Pulis will keep the scum in the PL? (Poll to follow)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes I think he will, although he'll need Murray to come back soonish and firing on all cylinders. I can think of at least one of their midfielders who is going to LOVE playing (elbowing) for Pulis.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Pulis took a month to take up the job because he is proud of that record of never being relegated and doesn't want to lose it. Deep down, I think he knows that record will not be intact at the end of the season. Palace are doomed as they just don't have the players who can keep them up. They might win a few ugly matches at Selhurst, but they won't accumulate enough points over the course of the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They've only brought in Pulis to avoid the humiliation of getting into the Guinness Book Of World Records.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't quite see it that way.

For me the question is:-

Does this season's Premier League contain 3 teams potentially worse than palace?

A) Yes.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not without spending a significant slice of their premier league treasure chest in January. Also going to have to pay over the odds to attract anyone to the sinking ship in January which is no easy task given it has taken them a month to attract a manager

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, they've gone already. A little rally during the next 2 or 3 games and then defeats all the way to January and beyond.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I don't quite see it that way.

For me the question is:-

Does this season's Premier League contain 3 teams potentially worse than palace?

A) Yes.

It's true that there are a number of poor teams in the Premier League this season. Nonetheless, I'd still say that the bottom 3 this season will consist of any 2 from 6 and Crystal Palace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which three?
Hull, Stoke, Norwich, Fulham, Sunderland, West Ham, Cardiff to name 7.

That's not including a Lazarus style resurrection from 3 or 4, or the 'usual' tail spinning swan dive from a Villa type team.

'All' they have to do is win out that mini league, a la Saturday, and they are virtually safe.
Which says more about the standard of the premier league, than palaces abilities as a football team.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no, because i dont think he has the players there to play his style. which is sort of compliment, they do like to try and play.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That's not including a Lazarus style resurrection from 3 or 4, or the 'usual' tail spinning swan dive from a Villa type team.

I think the bottom 3 will be in order from the bottom Palace Hull Norwich. Cardiff Fulham Sunderland and West Ham will stay up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

'All' they have to do is win out that mini league, a la Saturday, and they are virtually safe.
Which says more about the standard of the premier league, than palaces abilities as a football team.
Not what I saw on Sunday. Cardiff deserved their draw with Man Utd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not what I saw on Sunday. Cardiff deserved their draw with Man Utd.
I did add them as an after thought, mainly for potential off field unrest, spilling over to the team.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Stoke and Cardiff will be fine. Will pick up enough points at home to be safe. 2 from Hull, Norwich, West Ham, Fulham and Sunderland will join Palace.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here