Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Attendance Thread

I don't get to go away with the Albion much anymore however I do keep a keen eye on the away attendances at our matches. This year has been excellent - another following of over a thousand at Wigan. Despite us being mid table and only Reading & QPR being "local" our figures are most impressive. Well done lads & lasses - any thoughts as to the away day experience with the mighty Seagulls at the moment.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Millwall and Charlton away will boost the average a fair bit.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to this Saturday and a relatively early start for a 'local' derby.

Barnsley
Birmingham C 1174
Blackburn R
Blackpool
Bolton W
Bournemouth
Brighton
Burnley
Charlton
Derby
Doncaster R 902
Huddersfield
Ipswich 1186
Leeds 958
Leicester
Middlesbro
Millwall
Nottingham F
QPR 1800
Reading 1687
Sheffield Wed
Watford
Wigan 1135
Yeovil 1965

Total 10807

Average 1351

Pretty decent IMO.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sure I read that Middlesborough took 4K to Elland Road on Saturday.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Sadly working this Saturday so will miss our latest outing on Sky. Good for the fans though that it's early and they have the option of going or watching down the battlecruiser.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Here's one for The Major
Talking of attendances Pompey had 14,000 at home on Saturday in league 2 that's more than Palace were getting in the championship :wink:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I shall be there on Saturday to boost the numbers, but whilst on the subject since the Amex without doubt the Leeds fans have been the best away crowd, I sit adjacent to the away end and for sheer noise/coherence and unity they are well beyond even Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle (won't even bother mentioning our friends from Croydon)

Here's one for The Major
Talking of attendances Pompey had 14,000 at home on Saturday in league 2 that's more than Palace were getting in the championship :wink:

Doesn't surprise me - 4 championship sides average more than them at home this season.

Anyone know the biggest gate in the Championship this season ?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Yeovil away was rubbish, the only good thing was the size of the Albion support.
I quite enjoyed Yeovil away, mainly because of the terrace. I especially enjoyed it when a large amount of Alb ion supporters held a shoe in the air to show their hatred of Palace. I didn't like it though when the bloke next to me decided to moan at me for my pronunciation of Calderon's song. I didn't see him sing once though.

Birmingham away was the best away day I've been to this season because of the moment of Oscar's first win as our manager.

Next up for me: Charlton.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Here's one for The Major

More than Palace are getting in the premiership as well if you don't count the ones in the home end to watch the away team week in week out.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Birmingham away was the best away day I've been to this season because of the moment of Oscar's first win as our manager.

Agree, B'ham best so far. Looking forward to Saturday but enforced reduced numbers won't help.

More than Palace are getting in the premiership as well if you don't count the ones in the home end to watch the away team week in week out.

Plus the large amount of Chinese Premier League tourists snapping up the unsolds ! :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Doesn't surprise me - 4 championship sides average more than them at home this season.

Anyone know the biggest gate in the Championship this season ?

33,432 at Elland Road for the first game of the season , the build up to Spanish Len's goal was sublime. I had a sore throat for 5 days after all the singing , swearing and shouting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here