Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournmouth New years day ?

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Now finally getting my changed !! Christmas/New year shift pattern and i`m working New years day :down:.

In the past we`ve changed a home bank hol fixture to the following day if my memory serves me right ???

Has anything been said or mentioned yet to say that our game against Bournmouth on the 1st will be changed to the 2nd ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Presumably some sort of Saturday/ Sunday train service will be running?

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Ok ta,
All i was going by was that when we played Saints it was new years day but it was the 2nd we played on and last year the home game against Millwall on Boxing day was moved to the 18th due to transport issues on the Bank hol. Also the Reading game the same year has Saints was Tuesday 10th after Easter Monday.

Just wondering if there is an issue with public transport on the Bank Hols.

Last edited:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
In recent years, we had that lovely 5-0 New Years Day home game in 2011 against Orient. Don't remember transport being problematic?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
As New Years Day is a Wednesday and the third round of the F A Cup is on the following weekend, there is no possibility of the date being changed. Blackpool away is also the previous Sunday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Southampton game was on Monday 2nd January.

It had been showing that date since the start of the season, so I don't think it was moved.

If a Bank Holiday falls on a Sunday then we get Monday as a 'work' holiday.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Trains are a revised Sunday service - but a FULL matchday service will operate between Brighton and Eastbourne.

The Bank Holiday game that was moved was Charlton at home last season - and that was only because both clubs wanted an extra days break following Saturday games.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Trains are a revised Sunday service - but a FULL matchday service will operate between Brighton and Eastbourne.

The Bank Holiday game that was moved was Charlton at home last season - and that was only because both clubs wanted an extra days break following Saturday games.

Luckily we have a travel 'tax' which enables a matchday rail service to run, rather than the revised Sunday service we'd get otherwise if it wasn't in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here