Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why so many women reporting on sport on the BBC?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Every time I watch BBC news the sport is reported by a woman. Why? All the sport being reported is played 100% by men. What do these ladies know about football, rugger, F1?

The BBC really has gone too far ... again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are an idiot

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Every time I watch BBC news the sport is reported by a woman. Why? All the sport being reported is played 100% by men. What do these ladies know about football, rugger, F1?

Because they don't have beards.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Do miss Suzanne Dando though...... Pic_SuzanneDANDO2.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
They are not playing sport, however. They are reporting on it. Are 100% of the people that attended the sporting events they are reporting on male? No, of course not. If they are able to convey a deep knowledge and passion for sport and can speak coherently on the subject, then who cares?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Sometimes when I watch BBC news, the fighting in various civil wars, uprisings and conflicts is reported by a woman. Why? All the fighting is done 100% by men. What do these ladies know about murdering, maiming, bombing?

Also when I watch the weather forecast, sometimes it is presented by a woman. Why? The weather consists mainly of wind, rain and occasionally sunshine. Why is the weather forecast not read by spirits of the four elements?

Drivel.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Why? All the sport being reported is played 100% by men.

Did the BBC not cover any of the following in their sports bulletin then?

Wimbledon Ladies Singles
US Open Ladies Singles
French Open Ladies Singles
Australian Open Ladies Singles
Federation Cup
Women's football European Championships
World Athletics Championships
World Swimming Championships
Olympics, women's cycling, women's boxing, equestrian etc.
Paralympics
Winter Olympics - Amy Williams winning skeleton bob
Solheim Cup
Ladies Open Golf Championship
Hayley Turner winning Group 1 horse race

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sometimes when I watch BBC news, the fighting in various civil wars, uprisings and conflicts is reported by a woman. Why? All the fighting is done 100% by men. What do these ladies know about murdering, maiming, bombing?

What about that one they call the White Widow? When they talk about terrorism offences where she's involved, would it be permissible to bring in a special female reporter just to give the Mumsnet perspective? Obviously things can revert back to proper journalists once she's had her say.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I agree with Goldstone. I just can't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about that one they call the White Widow? When they talk about terrorism offences where she's involved, would it be permissible to bring in a special female reporter just to give the Mumsnet perspective? Obviously things can revert back to proper journalists once she's had her say.

Satire. I like it. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The BBC like the political parties want to be seen to be impartial and PC. Personally I dont care either way but just to add fuel to the fire they had a lady presenter on the FL Show.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Yes the bbc male presenters are doing great...what ever happened to
Stuart Hall
Jimmy Saville
DLT
Rolf Harris

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here