Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

yesterday ai found out Ive got an older brother.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
About twenty years ago, I discovered that my mum had a son (not with my dad) two years before she had me. My half-brother and I met a couple of times. Then, one day, ten years ago, he met the rest of his half-siblings (my brothers and sisters) at our mum's house, in Worthing. He was overwhelmed by meeting us all at once and we haven't seen him since, though he keeps in touch.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
In February this year I met my youngest brother for the first time. He had just found out he had three older brothers he knew nothing about! My parents split when I was six & my old man went on and had yet another son but obviously decided not to mention to him even when he had grown up that he had three siblings. He found out when my niece & he inadvertently started hanging out in the same crowd going which could have ended up being all sorts of wrong! I believe they were attracted but once their full names came out so began the clicking of minds.
My original youngest brother hasn't felt the need to meet him but will in time, my older brother and I met him and we all got on great and it was a really heartwarming experience and I hope that the relationship develops.

It came as quite a shock to him, he said he always knew there was something not quite right but thought that it might have been that he was adopted or something!

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I have never met my dad as he left before I was born, and apparently I have about 7 half-brothers and sisters that i've never met or seen. That i know of anyway!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My son has two half siblings, who in turn have two other half siblings. They all get on fab. So do the (four) parents. It can work out. Best of luck to those who are in a quandary.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I met my Dad when I was about 25, plus his 4 teenage kids. That was quite weird. His wife was very accepting and welcomed me into the family, and I am still in touch with them all now.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good story Frank, I hope you get on well, best wishes to you both.

I was adopted at birth in the 60s and I grew up with a good family, I met my birth mother about 25 years ago and again about 21 years ago and saw her a few times, unfortunately I lost touch with her.
When I met my birth mother she told me that she had a son and daughter, but they knew nothing about me, she also told me her son was a big Albion fan and I have always remembered his name.
I started looking at NSC now and again about 2 years ago but never registered and during this time worked out my half brother posts on here sometimes, he uses his real name as his twitter name, I am 99.9% it is him as my sister checked out a family tree website and facebook.
I would like to contact him but am not sure how he would react, as I am not sure he has been told about me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know that Palace fan on here was shocked when he found out that his mother was his sister.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Quite possibly as I am adopted.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
When I was 13 I found out that I had an older sister on my dads side of the family (I lost touch with my dad when I was about 8), I was obviously shocked but knew there wasn't much I could do about finder her etc. Then when I was 20 I found said sister on Facebook, realised she lived in Portsmouth - where I was at University at the time and sent her a message. The first time we met it was pretty bloody weird but we ended up seeing each other all the time while I was at Uni and I still speak to her and see her occasionally these days.

I also managed to track down our dad a few months after finding the sister by randomly remembering him telling me the name of the company he worked for when I was younger, so I sent them an email and he still worked for them! They passed on my contact details and me, my dad and my new found older sister all met up....again that was a very odd experience and one I will never forget!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I used to be ashamed at being adopted for 40 years but now I embrace it as it is what makes me and I love my parents to death. I am curious of who my mum and dad are and if I have any siblings but my loyalty to my parents prevents me for finding this out. Still wonder about my Mum almost everyday.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My sister that I grew up with was also adopted at birth, her half brother tracked her down a couple of years ago, I have met him a few times at her house and at partys, he is also an Albion fan and I always bump into him if I go to an away game.
Not sure if he uses NSC as I have not asked him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My friend was adopted at birth, he says he never fully enjoys a lap dance from an older woman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here