Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Perhaps.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't know.

However, I do like where we are right now. Bit of form and right in the chasing pack, putting pressure on the top 6.

With the injury list clearing up too I'm in a good frame of mind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the best way to look at this is by considering whether or not you are going to push for promotion. Personally, I'm not, but you may be younger and more ambitious.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If we get through the next two games without either losing or getting any further injuries, I will start to believe......Leicester game will be the real test of our credentials.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
9/1 with Paddy Power.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When he was appointed, I felt that OG would achieve more than his predecessor. I trusted his pedigree and I trusted TB's judgement. I expected us to be in contention this season. It wasn't rocket science to expect us to start slowly, whilst we got up to speed with the new manager's system.
What I didn't legislate for was an awful run of injuries, especially to key players. Has OG bemoaned his lot? No. He's just gone quietly about his job, organising and instilling belief into the available players. Almost ahead of schedule we are putting a run together and now beating decent teams like Wigan. Even when we were struggling, we went to QPR ( still the only team to take anything from Loftus Road ) and Reading and got draws. We are the only team to beat Burnley this season.
We have a host of decent players to come back ( at least four in attacking positions ) What is there not to be optimistic about? There may be too much ground to make up on the top three, who seem to be very consistent. They are already 7 points clear of 4th but never say never.
Its not difficult to think we are going to have a better 2nd half of the season than first and to me, that says play-offs at worst. I am oozing with optimism.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
are we going to push for promotion ?

I jolly well hope so - whether it will be a realistic aim or not only time will tell - to give in with just 16 games played would be just a little defeatist!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What does push for promotion mean?

We play each game and win as many of them as possible - maybe we will get promoted, maybe we won't.

If we are not pushing for promotion, if we get close to promotion, does that mean we lose games on purpose?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let's come back to this thread at various points throughout the season when we've lost a couple of games in a row. Let's not forget that a few games ago some people were questioning whether Oscar was the right man for the job because he didn't shout enough.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
When he was appointed, I felt that OG would achieve more than his predecessor. I trusted his pedigree and I trusted TB's judgement. I expected us to be in contention this season. It wasn't rocket science to expect us to start slowly, whilst we got up to speed with the new manager's system.
What I didn't legislate for was an awful run of injuries, especially to key players. Has OG bemoaned his lot? No. He's just gone quietly about his job, organising and instilling belief into the available players. Almost ahead of schedule we are putting a run together and now beating decent teams like Wigan. Even when we were struggling, we went to QPR ( still the only team to take anything from Loftus Road ) and Reading and got draws. We are the only team to beat Burnley this season.
We have a host of decent players to come back ( at least four in attacking positions ) What is there not to be optimistic about? There may be too much ground to make up on the top three, who seem to be very consistent. They are already 7 points clear of 4th but never say never.
Its not difficult to think we are going to have a better 2nd half of the season than first and to me, that says play-offs at worst. I am oozing with optimism.

Can't read this sorry

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think it'll be up and down, few wins when everyone is over-the-top optimistic, like they are now, and a few losses where everyone gets over-the-top pessimistic, like they were a couple of weeks back. Still think mid-table, but won't rule out a late surge.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yes. :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Can't read this sorry

You might find this useful
Newhaven Adult Education Centres

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IF we're within touching distance of the playoffs when Big Leo returns, the 2nd half of this season could be VERY exciting indeed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here