Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1192452_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:51 23rd November 2013
by Paul Camillin
If you don’t work hard it is impossible to win here"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia tonight lauded a fantastic Albion performance and revealed his pride at becoming the first away team to win at the DW Stadium this season.He told seagulls.co.uk, "I am proud of all of my players, it was a great team performance. If you don’t work hard it is impossible to win here. No team has won here so to be the first one to do it means a lot to us.
"Each of the players did what we asked of them. We had some good chances to score and they also had one or two, but we took ours and that makes the difference."
Andrew Crofts, with his fifth goal of the season, headed Albion's winner in the second half, and while Oscar was reluctant to single out individuals, and instead praise a team effort, he did herald Crofts's potency in the penalty area.
"It is one of Crofty’s abilities to arrive in the box and score goals, but he is not the only one who can do that; the initial header was from Jake [Forster-Caskey] and he has been doing it too.
"They have the ability to do that and what we tell the players is that they have to show this on the pitch, not only in the games but on the training ground as well.
"However I don’t want to talk about individuals because we don’t have the time, we would be here all night if I spoke about all of them. Instead I want to praise the players as a team not individuals."
Oscar also praised the travelling Albion fans, with 1,135 at the DW Stadium, adding, "I am pleased they will be going home tonight with smiles on their faces; the fans at this club are fantastic and we could not wish for better."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here